A.M. Reception problems

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds

I had a job at one of my dealerships on a Bentley Continental Coupe which the customer complained about the AM radio reception and the service writer told him that we can cut that section of film, which was about 3-4" off where the antenna lines were at.

When I got there, I told the service advisor that I will just cut the film off the antenna lines and see if that will work or not. I charged them $60 to do that and took me about 30 minutes to do. The customer never complained after that. I guess I fixed the problem and the car still looked great because it was completely tinted and not missing the top section. :drool

one peece if there local just unplug the ant at the back window

Thats what we did with a buddy of mines that bought a new car in the metroplex where they tint everything on the lot. When we unplugged it on the back window the reception came back and he was fine

Just a thought :drool

anybody try cutting the film alongside the antenna? does it work/help?

I've done it 4 or 5 times and worked every time. have the radio on as you cut along the upper side of the top defrost wire or lower side of the antenna (between the defrost and antenna). you'll hear the difference once you finish the cut. :drool it works.

Archived