Help with '05 Accord coupe rear

MX6boii

Hey everyone. I'm not a professional tinter, but a car hobbiest that got interested in picking up this trade because it's like an art. I tinted a few cars before but scattered throughout 3 years. Like the title says I'm working on a '05 Accord coupe. The side windows are good. The back window is where the problem is. It's been a while and this is my second time tinting a back window. This window is HUGE and when I squeegy the water top and bottom the sides aren't smooth to the glass. I now know I forgot to make a horizontal anchor. Will this solve my problem with the fingers popping up on the sides and the film not smooth on the glass? Or does this car require two-piece rear because it's so curved? If it is the anchor I'm missing, how wide of an anchor should I make?

I should've reviewed the tips on this site before I started, but I messed up already. Trying not to destroy another piece of 40" film because these are expensive when purchased by the foot.

Thanks for your help.

Guest thatsnappyguy

if u are having fingers shooting out from the sides and took the time to get on the internet and ask us...I can assure u that the back window has sucked up so much trash and you tint job is gonna look like crap even if u do get it to lay down. And no REAL prefessional tinter will ever 2-piece a back window...I suggest u try again and anchor it the right way, reverse roll it, and glue the dots...if u cant handle all this so soon, take it to a pro cuz your tint's gonna look like :popcorn

thats a harder window even for a seasoned pro. the window is large and has quite a bit of curve to it. pluss it has to be shrank perfect in order for the dots to go down perfectly when you use the glue method. I would guess that only 1 out of 10 shops you take it to can even get it done right.

if u are having fingers shooting out from the sides and took the time to get on the internet and ask us...I can assure u that the back window has sucked up so much trash and you tint job is gonna look like crap even if u do get it to lay down. And no REAL prefessional tinter will ever 2-piece a back window...I suggest u try again and anchor it the right way, reverse roll it, and glue the dots...if u cant handle all this so soon, take it to a pro cuz your tint's gonna look like :lol

and any REAL prOfessional would be able to spell prOfessional...... just because you can't do a 2 piece that looks good doesn't mean it will not be done and be better than a 1 piece on some windows!

now for this thread.....Did you do any shrinking on the back window. If not then look at the videos of shrinking film....you have to shrink the film to lay it on those compound curves or put it in strips....

Archived