1991 Camaro

Guest potzy

Guest Katie0530
Thanks chaps, knew I could reliey on you lot...il keep you posted

Thats not too bad of a car to do, no shrinking on the bottom if wet shrunk and a little shrinking a top by the lines. The defroster lines on the sides are a pain though it is easy to draw dirt out of them, I cuss a storm everytime I get to that point. Im still trying new tricks on the outside part of lines.(Vinyl of paint)

yes, stretch the bottom to fit and the defroster is a BIG pain

sorry to bring back this old thread, lol!!! what do you mean when you say stretch the film? I have 2 guys that want it done. I tried doing a dry shrink in 2 pieces but kept getting the smiley faces on the sides. didnt have internet at the shop so I couldnt look up the car at that time to see what needed to be done. thanks.

yes, stretch the bottom to fit and the defroster is a BIG pain

sorry to bring back this old thread, lol!!! what do you mean when you say stretch the film? I have 2 guys that want it done. I tried doing a dry shrink in 2 pieces but kept getting the smiley faces on the sides. didnt have internet at the shop so I couldnt look up the car at that time to see what needed to be done. thanks.

The bottom corners most likely will not lay down while shrinking...use little heat in those areas and focus on shrinking the top part. Then, when you go to lay the film, use your hand to stretch the film into place on the corners...push HARD. Also, do it in one piece...just take your time and have some one help you install it on the back glass. I leave a gap where the def braids are and come back later with black vinyl.

camaro is a WET shrink.....no need to use any sort of dry shrinking...the 1991 is easy to shrink. Shouldn't have to shrink the bottom at all and the top will be a couple SMALL fingers to lay down....

Archived