Respect on this board

Guest secretagentswole

Guest solarspot
Well I can honestly say we can't handle any more work at this time . We do NOT want to move and or hire more installers . So yes 5 % is alot . But hey from the sounds of it the industry is failing so Im just glad there is an encrerase at all huh :lol

whats a encrerase?

I think thats something you get in your pappars

Oh,I get it! thanks Mr. SS what a morning on the board huh?

yep I guess I'll be the first to :lol:lol This is crazy :dunno

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You MUST be an employee

:dunno

I'm an employee :lol you knockin' me too in that statement. been workin' for the man for 20 years. does that make me less of a person than you?

not in my books dude :lol2

that's about all I will do. I'm booked out a week. doing the cars, answering the phones, talking to walk-in customers, scheduling, cutting vinyl, invoicing, job estimates.....I do all those things in a day. so fortunately I can't tint 15 cars every day. :lol
not once have I ever said the industry is dying. my store's business is consistently up month to month, year to year.

:lol2 ummmm.....blade...buddy...about those 2 above posts....um...you lookin for a job?? cuz I could stand some time off...ill even get high-speed internet for ya at the shop :lol

Guest haroldshouseoftint

OK since the point I was trying to make no one seems to grasp, let me explain it like this.

This site has a hellll of alot of traffic, and alot of people come on here in search of tinters in their area, seeking to have work done.

I personally get alot of business from this site, I had 3 jobs 2 fri and 1 yesterday that all came from this site, and all 3 of them I had to sit and explain to them no, this is 35% film, that is the darkest you can go on the front doors in accordinance with AZ state law.

Some of the responses I recieved well I saw a picture of this car and it was dark, I read that everyone does it, well my buddie has............ OK, I am sick of saying this, ILLEGAL :lol doesn't need to be out in the public eye, because it makes it harder for those of us who abide by the laws to do business.

Yes I jump peoples azzez, and 90% of the time it ALL had to do with the fact they come on here bragging about how dark their film is, and how they do illegal tint, because it puts money in their pockets etc etc etc, those people will never get any respect from me, because IMO if you are out bragging about doing illegal :rollin your not a profesional in this industry, I don't care how good of a tinter you are, and what type of quality you put out, (not that it matters a hill of beans to any of you).

Some states have laws that are completly IGNORANT, why do you think they have those laws? Because no one gives a :evileye about this industry, I only know of a hand full of tinters (from states that have stupid tint laws) who have done anything to try and get them changed, have any of you done anything to try and get laws changed? Didn't think so, just keep on doing illegal work, that'll solve everything.

Alot of you just don't get it, you never will get it, and I'm tired as PHUK about trying to get it through to you, you are bringing down this industry, weather you think so/see it or not, and that is my :twocents not like anyone gives a :rollin and trust me, I don't either anynmore.

YES, most of the posts I make on here are smart azz remarks/responses, guilty as charged, but why don't you put up a poll and ask members on here (noobies/kids/youngsters/vets/seasoned vets/ and old farts alike) who started threads asking for help/options/opinions on things, how many of them got PM's from me, some quite lengthy/in depth, I didn't post alot of that out for everyone to read, because it's much easier to carry on a conversation 1 on 1, rather than in a room full of voices, and it's alot easier to answer specific questions of parts that are misunderstood that way. Those of you that I've offered help to through pm's know DAMN well what I'm talking about, and I hope that the advice I passed along helped.

I've met alot of people off this site, and talked with alot more on the phone, ALL good people, hopefully I will meet more, but if no one likes me anymore after all of this, I'll get over it,....................................... OK, I'm over it.

OK since the point I was trying to make no one seems to grasp, let me explain it like this.

This site has a hellll of alot of traffic, and alot of people come on here in search of tinters in their area, seeking to have work done.

Not as much as you might think, the registry doesn't get much traffic at all. Most of the traffic on this site is on the forum, and a majority of that traffic is registered members.

I personally get alot of business from this site, I had 3 jobs 2 fri and 1 yesterday that all came from this site, and all 3 of them I had to sit and explain to them no, this is 35% film, that is the darkest you can go on the front doors in accordinance with AZ state law.

Some of the responses I recieved well I saw a picture of this car and it was dark, I read that everyone does it, well my buddie has............ OK, I am sick of saying this, ILLEGAL :lol2 doesn't need to be out in the public eye, because it makes it harder for those of us who abide by the laws to do business.

Glad to hear you are getting work from here. Sorry the occasional person might post a pic that has tint that isn't legal everywhere. Might want to give the car commercial people some grief about that.

Yes I jump peoples azzez, and 90% of the time it ALL had to do with the fact they come on here bragging about how dark their film is, and how they do illegal tint, because it puts money in their pockets etc etc etc, those people will never get any respect from me, because IMO if you are out bragging about doing illegal :lol your not a profesional in this industry, I don't care how good of a tinter you are, and what type of quality you put out, (not that it matters a hill of beans to any of you).

Come on now, how often does that really happen? Not very often, sure this place isn't perfect but it's a lot better than having no place and relying on Film company reps for info. The positives here far outweigh the effect of a picture of a tinted car.

Some states have laws that are completly IGNORANT, why do you think they have those laws? Because no one gives a :lol about this industry, I only know of a hand full of tinters (from states that have stupid tint laws) who have done anything to try and get them changed, have any of you done anything to try and get laws changed? Didn't think so, just keep on doing illegal work, that'll solve everything.

So you deleted all your pics and posts in a huff because the thread about name calling was left public, but now it's about illegal tinting which wasn't even the topic of that thread? :hmmm

Alot of you just don't get it, you never will get it, and I'm tired as PHUK about trying to get it through to you, you are bringing down this industry, weather you think so/see it or not, and that is my :twocents not like anyone gives a :lol and trust me, I don't either anynmore.

Dude where did that come from? The point of a forum is to be able to post your opinion, have you not been able to do that? :rollin

YES, most of the posts I make on here are smart azz remarks/responses, guilty as charged, but why don't you put up a poll and ask members on here (noobies/kids/youngsters/vets/seasoned vets/ and old farts alike) who started threads asking for help/options/opinions on things, how many of them got PM's from me, some quite lengthy/in depth, I didn't post alot of that out for everyone to read, because it's much easier to carry on a conversation 1 on 1, rather than in a room full of voices, and it's alot easier to answer specific questions of parts that are misunderstood that way. Those of you that I've offered help to through pm's know DAMN well what I'm talking about, and I hope that the advice I passed along helped.

Very cool, we all benefit from helping each other, that's what this place is about. You seem to think people are attacking you, I'm not attacking you. :rollin

I've met alot of people off this site, and talked with alot more on the phone, ALL good people, hopefully I will meet more, but if no one likes me anymore after all of this, I'll get over it,....................................... OK, I'm over it.

Er, we were all bummed that you said you were leaving, some of us are confused why. :lol

Love ya Harold, I really do, and I hope you stick around. :evileye

Guest clint4883

Some of the responses I recieved well I saw a picture of this car and it was dark, I read that everyone does it, well my buddie has............ OK, I am sick of saying this, ILLEGAL :lol doesn't need to be out in the public eye, because it makes it harder for those of us who abide by the laws to do business.

Yes I jump peoples azzez, and 90% of the time it ALL had to do with the fact they come on here bragging about how dark their film is, and how they do illegal tint, because it puts money in their pockets etc etc etc, those people will never get any respect from me, because IMO if you are out bragging about doing illegal :rollin your not a profesional in this industry, I don't care how good of a tinter you are, and what type of quality you put out, (not that it matters a hill of beans to any of you).

Some states have laws that are completly IGNORANT, why do you think they have those laws? Because no one gives a :evileye about this industry, I only know of a hand full of tinters (from states that have stupid tint laws) who have done anything to try and get them changed, have any of you done anything to try and get laws changed? Didn't think so, just keep on doing illegal work, that'll solve everything.

Alot of you just don't get it, you never will get it, and I'm tired as PHUK about trying to get it through to you, you are bringing down this industry, weather you think so/see it or not, and that is my :twocents not like anyone gives a :rollin and trust me, I don't either anynmore.

I don't have a problem with you at all. and one of the things I have been trying to get across, you just did. you EXPLAINED why talking about illegal tint in a public place and bragging about it is causing problems. and you did it with class. no name calling or anything. that is how it should be handled. I think you have probably just helped out a few more.

for all the others out there that are reading, this is how you approach a new guy that joins the forum bragging about illegal tint. take notes and you will get respect.

way to go tintman237! much props!

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Hey Ric

Nothing I said is/was directed @ you, I know it's coming off that way, but :twocents it's not.

Ric I do recieve a ton of people that have found me on here, and I know the sites not the fault, car comm. don't help, and the next tinter down the block slappin limo on fronts, etc etc are all contributing factors, I phuked up, I have no excuse, I was having a bad bad day, and this thread rubbed me WAY wrong, I tried to let it go, I went out to dinner, came home, and it just hit me like a ton of :lol , don't really know why.

I guess we all, at some point in time, need to step away and reflect, and right now, I think that's what I need to do.

I love the site, I love the comerodery (sc) of the tinters on here, but after a year and 1/2 of being a post hizzo :lol I just need to step away for a while.

I appreciate you more than you could know, although my recent actions don't paticularly show it, I really do Ric.

Harold "The Tint Fairy"

TBC, don't you ever accuse me of having "class" :lol:evileye:rollin

and on that note, I'm out :rollin:lol

Guest Olfablade
Guys, I'd like to stay and play, but I got a house to tint today, and I gotta roll. Visit my website Flying, and see how self unemployed I am. You have nothing but your time working for someone else invested in this industry, take the dive in and make a difference or go make your insults somewhere where they actually make a difference. Go Big, of Go Home. I'll be back later :evileye

Damn must suck to have to work on the weekend glad my business is dong well . It is so nice to sit out on the patio and enjoy the things I worked for . Have fun at work Ill drink a cold one for ya. Or are you one of those drink a beer while tinting cats ?

I work the weekends I don't have my kids, I don't have to work, but if I can knock out a $1500 house job on a Sunday morning, I'll go ahead and do it, and still have time to watch the race. :twocents

Archived