3M Prestige 70/60 vs. Huper Optik

Guest NCtal

The Residential Film you select for your house  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Of these, which film would you choose and why?

• 3M Prestige Films
    • Huper Optik Films

Guest maddtinter
I have used both products so I am not bias for one over the other. I find it interesting how you bash 3M based on the hard coat surface issue, well let me tell you I put up Ceramic 30 on my front entry door to the shop and within 2 years the hard coat surface started to flake off just like the hardcoat did on Solargard back in the 90's. I have also had a few installs with Huper from a few years ago call back with problems. Alot of you voting for one or the other may not even have used either film. :dunno
Well time will only tell that HO maybe on the way out the door.Or they will change their name-like DTI to Beakert.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
I have used both products so I am not bias for one over the other. I find it interesting how you bash 3M based on the hard coat surface issue, well let me tell you I put up Ceramic 30 on my front entry door to the shop and within 2 years the hard coat surface started to flake off just like the hardcoat did on Solargard back in the 90's. I have also had a few installs with Huper from a few years ago call back with problems. Alot of you voting for one or the other may not even have used either film. :dunno

Well time will only tell that HO maybe on the way out the door.Or they will change their name-like DTI to Beakert.

Why would HO change their name?

Guest maddtinter

Why did Courtalds,DTI change their name?Maybe because of mass amounts of film failure.The longest running film manny is 3M who has many other resources than others so they never changed even though their film products are subpar.

Guest vclimber

Why did Courtalds,DTI change their name?Maybe because of mass amounts of film failure.The longest running film manny is 3M who has many other resources than others so they never changed even though their film products are subpar.

Do you know for sure that was the reason for the name change? Do you know for sure that Huper is having enough film failure that they are considering a name change? Be careful what you spout... :spit

I know that you do not know who the longest running film manny is which may be indicative about your knowledge of the answers to the above questions... strike one! :lol

Guest maddtinter

Do you know for sure that was the reason for the name change? Do you know for sure that Huper is having enough film failure that they are considering a name change? Be careful what you spout... :spit

I know that you do not know who the longest running film manny is which may be indicative about your knowledge of the answers to the above questions... strike one! :lol

I said MAYBE a future name change.So strike one......Then what film manny has the largest name recognition, that has had major film failure,that has not changed their name?

Guest vclimber
I have used both products so I am not bias for one over the other. I find it interesting how you bash 3M based on the hard coat surface issue, well let me tell you I put up Ceramic 30 on my front entry door to the shop and within 2 years the hard coat surface started to flake off just like the hardcoat did on Solargard back in the 90's. I have also had a few installs with Huper from a few years ago call back with problems. Alot of you voting for one or the other may not even have used either film. :lol

Do you know for sure that was the reason for the name change? Do you know for sure that Huper is having enough film failure that they are considering a name change? Be careful what you spout... :dunno

I said MAYBE a future name change.So strike one......Then what film manny has the largest name recognition, that has had major film failure,that has not changed their name?

If you are trying to avoid liability you change ownership or dissolve your company, a name change alone will not cut it. Besides, why would you not change the branding name and only the company name? There is more to those story, read the book.

"Maybe's" are speculation based on hunches with little to no hard data. So what's HO's failure rate? One guy reports HC failure, time for a name change! :lol2 Strike two! :spit Everyone has had a conversion issue such as a bad run of HC...

Guest maddtinter
I have used both products so I am not bias for one over the other. I find it interesting how you bash 3M based on the hard coat surface issue, well let me tell you I put up Ceramic 30 on my front entry door to the shop and within 2 years the hard coat surface started to flake off just like the hardcoat did on Solargard back in the 90's. I have also had a few installs with Huper from a few years ago call back with problems. Alot of you voting for one or the other may not even have used either film. :lol

Do you know for sure that was the reason for the name change? Do you know for sure that Huper is having enough film failure that they are considering a name change? Be careful what you spout... :dunno

I know that you do not know who the longest running film manny is which may be indicative about your knowledge of the answers to the above questions... strike one! :spit

If you are trying to avoid liability you change ownership or dissolve your company, a name change alone will not cut it. Besides, why would you not change the branding name and only the company name? There is more to those story, read the book.

"Maybe's" are speculation based on hunches with little to no hard data. So what's HO's failure rate? One guy reports HC failure, time for a name change! :lol2 Strike two! :lol Everyone has had a conversion issue such as a bad run of HC...

as you well know the mannys always change something about the films that are sold every 7 to 10 years.So historic hunches such as Martin Processing-Courtalds-CpFilms:DTI-Beakert seemed to have had changes shortly after experiencing mass amounts of film failure.You forgot to answer who has the greatest name recognition with major film failures and never changed their name?

Guest vclimber

I know that you do not know who the longest running film manny is which may be indicative about your knowledge of the answers to the above questions... strike one! :lol2

"Maybe's" are speculation based on hunches with little to no hard data. So what's HO's failure rate? One guy reports HC failure, time for a name change! :lol Strike two! :lol Everyone has had a conversion issue such as a bad run of HC...

as you well know the mannys always change something about the films that are sold every 7 to 10 years.So historic hunches such as Martin Processing-Courtalds-CpFilms:DTI-Beakert seemed to have had changes shortly after experiencing mass amounts of film failure.You forgot to answer who has the greatest name recognition with major film failures and never changed their name?

And you forgot to answerwhy would you not change the branding name and only the company name? Do you know for sure that film failure was why the name change went from Martin to Courtalds to CP Films? Why didn't they change Llumar to a different brand name? Your reasoning makes no sense... why hasn't Madico changed their name? They had massive failure in the early 90's. Their I answered your question now you can answer mine. Oh... btw there's your answer to the who the longest running film manny is... :spit

Guest teamfutaba

I know that you do not know who the longest running film manny is which may be indicative about your knowledge of the answers to the above questions... strike one! :lol2

"Maybe's" are speculation based on hunches with little to no hard data. So what's HO's failure rate? One guy reports HC failure, time for a name change! :lol Strike two! :lol Everyone has had a conversion issue such as a bad run of HC...

And you forgot to answerwhy would you not change the branding name and only the company name? Do you know for sure that film failure was why the name change went from Martin to Courtalds to CP Films? Why didn't they change Llumar to a different brand name? Your reasoning makes no sense... why hasn't Madico changed their name? They had massive failure in the early 90's. Their I answered your question now you can answer mine. Oh... btw there's your answer to the who the longest running film manny is... :spit

when courtalds bought martins the paid 60,000.000 for it. it had nothing to do with film failure or name changes, just business. 10 years or so ago, another player (ppg) offered 500,000.000 for the raw materials and window film side of courtalds and they turned it down. just a little history for the historic hunches.

Guest vclimber
when courtalds bought martins the paid 60,000.000 for it. it had nothing to do with film failure or name changes, just business. 10 years or so ago, another player (ppg) offered 500,000.000 for the raw materials and window film side of courtalds and they turned it down. just a little history for the historic hunches.

:dunno

Archived