3M Prestige 70/60 vs. Huper Optik

Guest NCtal

The Residential Film you select for your house  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Of these, which film would you choose and why?

• 3M Prestige Films
    • Huper Optik Films

Guest vclimber
NCtal - I hope you are not in a coastal environment. Corrosion is the main reason I switched from selling Huper to Prestige. Salt and Sech don't mix :shock . If you're not coastal you'll be happy with your choice. On a side note: I belive the Prestige is a superior product. It is harder to become a Prestige dealer hence the bitter tone by some...... :lol2

Unlike SECH, DREI, & ACHT Huper Ceramic is non-metal/non-dyed so it is non-corrosive and you don't have to worry about the color in the hardcoat like you do with Prestige. -Btw we have 2 Prestige Dealers in a 20 mile radius. I bet they'd set up a third if someone asked. :lol

Unlike SECH, DREI, ACHT and PRESTIGE - Huper Ceramic does not perform as well in lighter shades...or darker ones. :lol2 BTW - bitterness continues.

Yeah, it may not perform better at high vlt's but it sure looks a lot nicer than purple color shift. What happens when the dye fades? How's your 35% perform? :lol2

The only ones that are bitter are probably the Prestige dealers that payed that high priced buy-in only to watch others come onto to the program in their exclusive backyard for free. :lol2 It's all good... I guess. :lol2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it may not perform better at high vlt's but it sure looks a lot nicer than purple color shift. What happens when the dye fades? How's your 35% perform? :lol2

The only ones that are bitter are probably the Prestige dealers that payed that high priced buy-in only to watch others come onto to the program in their exclusive backyard for free. :thumb It's all good... I guess. :lol2

Now you are just being mean! These fella's didn't know that would happen! They believed. . .some still do.

Have pity. .their film works better at night, I hear. . :thumb

Guest metro jim

I have used may 3m films over the years (not the prestige though) and all of the huper ceramics and drie and sech, Sech is one of the best films I have seen manufactured by anyone (hefty price though) If I were you I would choose the huper, even though I have not tried the prestige, because..... mmm has yet been able to produce a *new* film that can live up to the standards of films they started making 30 years ago. If you think I am joking you can find a film they make thats had very little changes over the 30 years (SR coat 15ish years ago, linerless to liner 10 years ago, and 72" roll options 8 years ago) and other films that have only been around for 8 years not discontinued! As for a trivia question anyone know what film I am talking about? lol com'on old schoolers ya gotta remember the linerless days! :evilgrin

I have used may 3m films over the years (not the prestige though) and all of the huper ceramics and drie and sech, Sech is one of the best films I have seen manufactured by anyone (hefty price though) If I were you I would choose the huper, even though I have not tried the prestige, because..... mmm has yet been able to produce a *new* film that can live up to the standards of films they started making 30 years ago. If you think I am joking you can find a film they make thats had very little changes over the 30 years (SR coat 15ish years ago, linerless to liner 10 years ago, and 72" roll options 8 years ago) and other films that have only been around for 8 years not discontinued! As for a trivia question anyone know what film I am talking about? lol com'on old schoolers ya gotta remember the linerless days! :evilgrin

I know, but that would be cheating. .

:evilgrin

When I tinted my whole house with a full metal film (silver 20 and silver 50) I didn't notice any cell phone reception loss what-so-ever. So don't let that be a deciding factor for you.

Thankyou!!! Agreed!

I like Huper and currently cheching out Geoshield.

side note today was checking out prices for dr*g tests were doing a school and they require them. anyway im sitting at a stop light and a truck rolls up with a sign on it .....says mobile drugtesting. I see the number on the suv and dicide to call . I see the guy pick up the phone. I say how much. he says $35.00 . I ask when can we do it . he says a.s.a.p.. I say im right beside you. next thing I know hes running round the suv with a cup. long story short I two lights later I got my test he got his $35.00 everyone happy. :thumb :p1ss :rollin

Fugg that, tell em to put the cup on his dash and youll fill it from your car,------ rookie .

Guest vclimber

I'd like to ask those 11 that voted for Prestige to watch this video and then tell us why they like the film so much. :thumb This is Crystalline which is basically the same construction as Prestige with dye in the hardcoat.

Archived