3M Prestige 70/60 vs. Huper Optik

Guest NCtal

The Residential Film you select for your house  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Of these, which film would you choose and why?

• 3M Prestige Films
    • Huper Optik Films

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teamfutaba
I'd like to ask those 11 that voted for Prestige to watch this video and then tell us why they like the film so much. :beer This is Crystalline which is basically the same construction as Prestige with dye in the hardcoat.

ill be sure to tell my custys not to pull there packing tape off too fast while there dropping four bills for there tint job... :beer

on edit, the hopper hc came off as well, watch closely the card trick and you can see him hold the hooper side of the tape against the glass cause the adhesuve is covered with the hc. other than that crystalline is a big seller.

Guest darkdan
I'd like to ask those 11 that voted for Prestige to watch this video and then tell us why they like the film so much. :beer This is Crystalline which is basically the same construction as Prestige with dye in the hardcoat.

ill be sure to tell my custys not to pull there packing tape off too fast while there dropping four bills for there tint job... :beer

on edit, the hopper hc came off as well, watch closely the card trick and you can see him hold the hooper side of the tape against the glass cause the adhesuve is covered with the hc. other than that crystalline is a big seller.

But the difference is, when the SR coating comes off most films...........the film isn't clear and property-less.

Guest vclimber

The dye is in the hardcoat rather than in either a PET layer or between PET layers like most films. We obviously do not experience things as drastic as ripping packaging tape off of our windows but the demo does illustrate that over time anything that is somewhat abrasive and creates friction can erode away the SR coat and thus the color. Not good for a film that runs 4 bills...

What happened to the Huper in the scrub pad test? Did you noticed that it scratched but it did not lose its color. That is because HO Drei does not have a dyed layer in the hardcoat. Come to think of it, Drei is dye-free.

I'd like to ask those 11 that voted for Prestige to watch this video and then tell us why they like the film so much. :lol This is Crystalline which is basically the same construction as Prestige with dye in the hardcoat.

ill be sure to tell my custys not to pull there packing tape off too fast while there dropping four bills for there tint job... :lol

and it may be a big warranty producer as well.. :beer

It's a time bomb... a very costly one. :beer

Guest teamfutaba

The dye is in the hardcoat rather than in either a PET layer or between PET layers like most films. We obviously do not experience things as drastic as ripping packaging tape off of our windows but the demo does illustrate that over time anything that is somewhat abrasive and creates friction can erode away the SR coat and thus the color. Not good for a film that runs 4 bills...

What happened to the Huper in the scrub pad test? Did you noticed that it scratched but it did not lose its color. That is because HO Drei does not have a dyed layer in the hardcoat. Come to think of it, Drei is dye-free.

and it may be a big warranty producer as well.. :lol

It's a time bomb... a very costly one. :lol

there you go, only time will tell. so far so good with PR and CL no warranty's for hard coat failure.

Guest teamfutaba

and it may be a big warranty producer as well.. :lol

It's a time bomb... a very costly one. :lol

as any film would "but 3M". do you remember the manu reps would use the cross hatch scratch test to show how much better there HC was than the other guys. solargard was one that pushed there HC as a selling point then pooned everyone by knowingly selling defective HC on there film.

Guest vclimber

The bottom line is that dye in films can be problematic and dye in the HC can be even worse. It leave it susceptible to general cleaning or worse... Don't let Fido get his nose juice on that stuff we stripped a job because of that.

I have used both products so I am not bias for one over the other. I find it interesting how you bash 3M based on the hard coat surface issue, well let me tell you I put up Ceramic 30 on my front entry door to the shop and within 2 years the hard coat surface started to flake off just like the hardcoat did on Solargard back in the 90's. I have also had a few installs with Huper from a few years ago call back with problems. Alot of you voting for one or the other may not even have used either film. :twocents

Guest vclimber
I have used both products so I am not bias for one over the other. I find it interesting how you bash 3M based on the hard coat surface issue, well let me tell you I put up Ceramic 30 on my front entry door to the shop and within 2 years the hard coat surface started to flake off just like the hardcoat did on Solargard back in the 90's. I have also had a few installs with Huper from a few years ago call back with problems. Alot of you voting for one or the other may not even have used either film. :krazy

I've used both but I didn't vote on this poll. All films will suffer from bad runs (ie. bad hardcoat, debris, etc) but this is an inherent design flaw that I am talking about. Rather than view me as bashing, wouldn't you appreciate it if someone gave you the heads-up on a product that could cause you some major headaches? A lot of dealers not to mention consumers have no idea the potential problem dye in the hardcoat presents. They also do not understand the slight on hand IR marketing behind the product that undermines industry credibility. Just as people come on this site to either ask or warn others members about product problems, why is this any different? :twocents

Archived