Waiver and care sheet/reciept

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone has their own thoughts on these but they have saved me several times when police come in wanting to know who tinted these windows!

I never give the customer a copy! But when the police see the customer knew there windows were to dark its end of story. Is this legal………… no but the police accept it :lol:lol

Everyone has their own thoughts on these but they have saved me several times when police come in wanting to know who tinted these windows!

I never give the customer a copy! But when the police see the customer knew there windows were to dark its end of story. Is this legal………… no but the police accept it :lol:lol

But you have proof you applied !llegal film!!??? Huh??!! The cops came in looking for the person who put on !llegal tint, but you whipped out your "waiver" that showed they knew it was !llegal and they went,"Oh, OK, nevermind....You've got proof in your hand that you were doing something !llegal, but that's OK, have a nice day, sir!" Don't believe it.

I never give the customer a copy! But when the police see the customer knew there windows were to dark its end of story. Is this legal………… no but the police accept it :thumb:err

But you have proof you applied !llegal film!!??? Huh??!! The cops came in looking for the person who put on !llegal tint, but you whipped out your "waiver" that showed they knew it was !llegal and they went,"Oh, OK, nevermind....You've got proof in your hand that you were doing something !llegal, but that's OK, have a nice day, sir!" Don't believe it.

that's OK you can believe what you want :dumbass

I never give the customer a copy! But when the police see the customer knew there windows were to dark its end of story. Is this legal………… no but the police accept it :dumbass :thumb

Dont get mad man. Its just the way it is. The cops in this area want to know if (a) the installer put !llegal film on a car with out the consumers knowledge (alot of places say that 35% is legal window film) or (b) the customer did care that its was !llegal and is now trying to get out of a summons by saying the tinter said its legal.

The cops around here arent dumb they know the deal people want dark tinted windows.

My display CLEARLY shows that 70% is the darkest film allowed. I tell people "I never see people come in with 50% on their windows and a ticket and I rarely see 35% and a ticket." and go 1 shade darker on the rear window to make it look darker.

The wavier thing. If people sign a paper that you keep on file does differ people from making the claim that 'I didnt know' even though its not a legal document

Guest Texstar
they told me that as long as I put on the invoice that the customer was informed that the tint was !llegal and that they accept full responisibility and had the invoice signed, that I was free and clear of any liability. :err

I wonder why they dont put that on ther warranty cards then :thumb

Guess you never read manufacturers auto warranty cards. Almost every manufacturer puts on them that if the tint is !llegal to apply in the state it is used in, the warranty is null and void.

Guess you didnt read there posts. There statement was why didnt the manu put the !llegal waiver on the warranty cards if they thought it was ok

Basically, many are advocating a good number of tinters shutting down business. That is basically what will happen when they begin to only apply the legal limit for their area. For example, New York has a 70% law. With the vlt already cut by the glass, there are pretty much no films that can be legally applied in that state to a vehicle. This means that all the auto tinters in New York would be out of business should they see fit to only apply legal. In CT, we have 35%, which means applying 39% min, since they dont take the glass into consideration when checking. I know many of the shops in this state and their most popular film in 20%, NOT 35-39%. Pushing the tinters who do auto in these states into the flat glass end creates another problem. Ther is sufficient business to support the existing flat glass tinters plus a few that enter the market, but when all of the auto tinters enter the race, many will still go under due to such smaller slices of the pie. On Long Island, NY alone into the city of New York, there are approximately 65 -80 tint shops and this doesnt count the back alley guys. Throw them into the flat glass mix and you have a receipe for disaster.

Those of us who dont do auto, or live in a state where the laws are much looser, can preach all we want, but at the end of the day, WE don't do anything to try to help these instalers change the laws for fear it will backfire on us. I find it hard to believe that all who preach 'legal' have never installed a film below their legal limit. Check out the chart Legal Tint and see if this is true. Remember that NET means film PLUS glass. So, even a 35% film in a 32% net state is !llegal, since most glass is now about 6% +. Last I read, a meter will test 27% on 35% film plus glass.

I say give the guys who are just trying to make a living a break. I am sure they don't get up each morning and say "Gee, how many !llegal things can I do today??" :err

Ridiculous thought process here. I agree with guest. They knew what they were getting into when they got in the business

A war of words is not what I am looking for, but your statement lacks merit. Most of the tinter DID NOT know whathey were getting into when they entered the business. Most were already in business when knee jerk reaction laws were put in effect to raise the vlts. I would only say that come back and make this same post when your state enacts a law that give you only 70% vlt(incl. glass). I would bet that your tune would change then, especially if you are an auto tinter only. This IS what happened to New York after an officer was killed in the city and they blamed it on the fact that the car was dark tint. The law was not this before. So, by claiming that my thought process is ridiculous, you must also be advocating that the tint shops go out of business, since no one could survive on doing 70% + vlt for auto. If you knew the whole story, such as what happened in NY, your statement would hold water. However, since you have not had to face this kind of law change, stating that they knew what they were getting into, is completely wrong. All tinters who were in business before the law change would have to be able to predict the future to know this.

What I find ridiculous, is te wholesale attacks on business persons who are trying to support their families doing what they have done for years and having the legislature enact a law that pretty much forces them out of business. I see many posts going right at this person of this thread, but I don't remember anyone posting negatively against a recent Pic of the week and post on a car with !llegal tint on it by a tinter in a 70% state. When more states begin enacting these tougher laws, I wonder how many of you LEGAL tinters will follow it, thereby probably ending your career, or do what you have to do to survive. I will not be a hypocrite on this issue, since I do not tint auto, but I would say that if I were in business for years and this law was enacted, I would do what I had to do to feed my family. You and guest are not in their shoes and do not understand their situation. I would say that you may pass judgment the day YOUR state puts such a law into place, thereby restricting YOUR trade. You are in the business now and have the same type of law they had when they started. When yours changes, we will see what you do.

I have spoken to an attorney about this. the response I got was there is no law in NY state against tinting windows. the law is written in a way that its the driver of the car that is responsible for the being compliant with NYS traffic code.

Got this from some New York Tinting website......section e of New York tint law

(e) On and after January first, nineteen hundred ninety-two no person shall manufacture, sell, offer for sale, equip or operate a motor vehicle in this state in violation of the provisions of this subdivision, except that a person may operate a nineteen hundred ninety-one or earlier model year vehicle without violating this subdivision if the windows on said vehicle were in conformity with this subdivision as it existed on December thity-first nineteen hundered ninety-one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that says you can't apply !llegal window film in New York. I'm pretty sure that's standard in every tint law, you can't apply it, duh!!

So custom do you still stick behind your reasoning. How many of the NY tinters that apply !llegal films were in business before 1992. If they entered business after that they had a choice :dumbass

I never give the customer a copy! But when the police see the customer knew there windows were to dark its end of story. Is this legal………… no but the police accept it :thumb:dwiwd

Dont get mad man. Its just the way it is. The cops in this area want to know if (a) the installer put !llegal film on a car with out the consumers knowledge (alot of places say that 35% is legal window film) or (b) the customer did care that its was !llegal and is now trying to get out of a summons by saying the tinter said its legal.

The cops around here arent dumb they know the deal people want dark tinted windows.

My display CLEARLY shows that 70% is the darkest film allowed. I tell people "I never see people come in with 50% on their windows and a ticket and I rarely see 35% and a ticket." and go 1 shade darker on the rear window to make it look darker.

The wavier thing. If people sign a paper that you keep on file does differ people from making the claim that 'I didnt know' even though its not a legal document

Same way here. When tickets are given it's just to RR the front doors even if the whole car is too dark. :dwiwd

Tintinator just cause you rep for someone don’t' make it where you know everything or anything for that matter. Also being a rep you should think before calling people liars cause I will never buy anything you are selling after your rudeness. :twocents

Same way here. When tickets are given it's just to RR the front doors even if the whole car is too dark. :dwiwd

Tintinator just cause you rep for someone don’t' make it where you know everything or anything for that matter. Also being a rep you should think before calling people liars cause I will never buy anything you are selling after your rudeness. :lol

:twocents

:thumb flatrockstan. :dwiwd you made my day with this post because I love how short and quick you made your point.

oh I'm not saying it doesnt apply to me at all. If I didnt care I wouldnt ask and I expected a little more than being the laughing stock, especially from people in the same line of work. I dont know where you are from, but in this state I couldnt name a shop that WONT tint your front windows, everywhere I have ever been or any place I have ever talked to will do it but you have to sign a waiver prior to doing it and I was just looking for some of the wording from those waivers, thats all. you do things your way ill do them mine

"if you cant say anything nice dont say it at all" :eyebrows

I am by no means backin illigal tint but.... give me a break here, competion wise everyones doin it. In my state waiver or no waiver the tint shop is responsible along with driver. I know 1st hand lol, imho PROVE I tinted it. No invoice, cash only and tell custy up front no warranty. Other wise your ass is in the sling waiver or not.

Archived