Lowering My Prices

Guest zx1400

My advice is to not be foolish. If you lower your prices now, when you realize that you MUST increase to cover your increased expenses, you will only be back at the prices you started at. If you do not increase your prices now, then the only thing you should do is to hold the line with your present pricing for the immediate future. Yes, business is slow at the moment, but, as many of us have had to deal with in the past, it will recover. You must find a way to survive until then. I have seen this position before in many of my competitors(or should I say FORMER). Most who dropped their drawers to try to draw in more business actually put themselves out of business. Lowered their prices, thereby drastically lowering their profit margin, and had problems keeping up with the bills. Since most of the tinters out there are small businessmen (and women) what we make is our total income. If you feel you can survive the business andhome bills on less money, look at the price of gas. Hit $4.10 near me today. Thats $1.00 more than 4 months ago. And film prices will definately increase.

So, hold the line and find a way to survive til it gets better. One way, if you do flat glass, is to market on the Green platform.(saves money on utilities) Good Luck in whatever path you choose!!! :thumb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of lowering prices, raise them a few bux.

Some websites have Restaurant gift cards for 1/2 of face value.

"Get a complete window tint job, get a free $25 gift card to XYZ Restaurant."

Raise your prices $15, the gift cards cost you $12.50, the Customer sees they are getting something for nothing.

"I've only raised my price $15, but am giving you a $25 Restaurant gift card"

I've pondered price daily since I'm still so new to tinting and my new shop location is just a couple of weeks old. some other shop about 40 miles away is advertising full tints for half of my price. don't see how they're doing it. however, I can't see more cars for less money right now. I'm slow as Christmas anyway. fewer cars for big bucks vs. more cars for less... sounds like close to the same income for me. :thumb

This is close to the same advice I give some of the auto shops I know. If you increase your price, you can do less work for the same money.

When gas was $1.70 we got $170 a car so if gas is $3.75 I think it is only fair I get $375 a car and so on and so on :thumb

I like that answer :thumb

Archived