Lowering My Prices

Guest zx1400

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

raise your prices slightly and you will likely be busier than you are now. Lower prices will only bring in low-baller sort of people.....

I like the gift card idea though..... free stuff always gets to people.

dont lower your prices. your are not selling lemons and tomato's now are you?

what we do is a skill that most people cannot do out there. labor is what you really charge for.

lowering your prices will get you a different kind of crowd :thumb

Here is how I would see it a consumer.

With gas prices going up, and prices for nearly everything going up, I would be suspicious of a Business that is lowering prices, unless it is a sale for a set length of time.

Otherwise, I would see it as using lower quality materials, and look elsewhere to get the job done.

I don't know, I agree with all of you. Our shop has always been th emost expensive shop around, we've been blessed to be able to get good money, but we are going to temporarily have to lower and meet our compeditors' prices just to get more volume. I can't stand to be slow. I'd rather tint 6 cars a day for $--- than 2 cars a day at $30 more. Plus you have to look at one other thing. If a person is tight on money but wants to get his windows tinted so he goes to my competitor who is $30 cheaper, 3 years from now when the economy has hopefully turned around, he'll probobly go back to my competitor first, even though he has more money to spend. We don't have alot of crappy, low-ballers in our town, just a couple and then 2 good shops. So as I said before, I agree with you guys, especially about the gift cards, but there is a different application to each shop or town.

IMHO

I don't know, I agree with all of you. Our shop has always been th emost expensive shop around, we've been blessed to be able to get good money, but we are going to temporarily have to lower and meet our compeditors' prices just to get more volume. I can't stand to be slow. I'd rather tint 6 cars a day for $--- than 2 cars a day at $30 more.

I agree, but dropping prices $30 isn't necessarily going to affect your business by 4 cars a day!

What if you work 6 days a week and average 1/2 more cars per day, or in other words 3 more cars per week, but you've given up $30.00 x 2 cars/day, = 360.00. Now, you've tinted 3 extra cars, but netted a gain on only one of them. That's too much extra work to fit in for an increase of only one car's profits.

To put it another way, and this is hypothetical, so I'm not posting REAL prices:

12 cars x 180.00 each = 2160.00 for the week...

15 cars x 150 each = 2250.00 for the week.

There's no way I'd rather do 3 extra cars for a 90 dollar increase, that's like getting 30 bucks per car!

It makes more sense to spend $30 bucks per car you do to increase marketing, in my opinion.

Guest tdmillet

look at it this way if I do 4 cars a day instead of 2 . I will have 4 very satisfied customers out there advertising for me. wich will increase my business and my overall bottom line. :thumb

exactly. what I sell atr for now is still cheaper than what the shop I worked for sold it in 1998. so when I opened we set our prices drastically lower. but now its super hard trying to raise it back up, especially with all the competition out here doing it $30 cheaper than me (well with cheaper tint though)

but we set it then, and we are now the busiest shop. but again, its super hard raising our prices even $5 cause word of mouth is our best advertisement. and the customers say "look at my job its perfect, and it was only $____ with a lifetime warranty" to others.

Archived