!llegal tint disclaimer

Guest cartek
get it? :krazy faxed last night

no didn't get it, will you try again!!!

my receipts dont say what percentage they got, and I dont have disclaimers.

Prove that that is my tint on the car, he could have went and gotten it darkened elsewhere!

So then your saying that you don't give warranties on the tint jobs your doing. The manufactures needs this info for warranties.

manufacturer, or at least suntek very blantantly says that you dont get a warranty on !llegal film anyways.

on legal tint I supply the information.

if customer has an issue I still cover it out of pocket. but I very rarely if ever have that happen, to be honest.

I'll quote the Suntek warranty form

"This product is to be used in compliance with all applicable state or provincial laws. Installation of this product in a manner that violates state or provincial law is a misuse of the product and voids all warranties."

a lot of good filling this out illegally does.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cartek
Indiana states that it is !llegal to install darker film.......

I think you are missing the point....

I am not condoning it, I dont use disclaimers, I talk everyone into legal.

Guest darkdan
If it is not !llegal to install, only to have it,

Name one state were it is legal to install !llegal tint

We think MN.

Last I knew someone was checking into it.

I was answering the "name a state" not directed at you Cartek.

I had heard that it was like a $10,000 fine for the shop that was found to be installing !llegal.....I for one won't touch an !llegal install on a car from Indiana.

a big thank you to everyone who faxed me their versions of the waiver. We really appreciate it....we contacted local and state authorities, also a lawyer buddy, and there is nothing stated in the Illinois lawbooks that it is !llegal for shops to tint illegally. No fines, no punishment, nothing to enforce on us as a shop. The local cops did ask that we try to keep it on the light side, for their safety, which of course we will do. As for insurance purposes, we have made a copy of the law, and have a disclaimer below that states that the customer was made aware that driving on a public road with their front windows tinted is !llegal, the lawyer said that is all that we would need...so we are going to start it up, a majority of our custys are stoked about it, so hopefully this will become the solid base in our company financially speaking...last winter was harsh! :thumb

Guest Texstar
a big thank you to everyone who faxed me their versions of the waiver. We really appreciate it....we contacted local and state authorities, also a lawyer buddy, and there is nothing stated in the Illinois lawbooks that it is !llegal for shops to tint illegally. No fines, no punishment, nothing to enforce on us as a shop. The local cops did ask that we try to keep it on the light side, for their safety, which of course we will do. As for insurance purposes, we have made a copy of the law, and have a disclaimer below that states that the customer was made aware that driving on a public road with their front windows tinted is !llegal, the lawyer said that is all that we would need...so we are going to start it up, a majority of our custys are stoked about it, so hopefully this will become the solid base in our company financially speaking...last winter was harsh! :thumb

Did you call the judge and ask him how he would rule in a negligent civil matter after you sit on the stand and admit to doing something !llegal :evilgrin

a big thank you to everyone who faxed me their versions of the waiver. We really appreciate it....we contacted local and state authorities, also a lawyer buddy, and there is nothing stated in the Illinois lawbooks that it is !llegal for shops to tint illegally. No fines, no punishment, nothing to enforce on us as a shop. The local cops did ask that we try to keep it on the light side, for their safety, which of course we will do. As for insurance purposes, we have made a copy of the law, and have a disclaimer below that states that the customer was made aware that driving on a public road with their front windows tinted is !llegal, the lawyer said that is all that we would need...so we are going to start it up, a majority of our custys are stoked about it, so hopefully this will become the solid base in our company financially speaking...last winter was harsh! :rollin

Did you call the judge and ask him how he would rule in a negligent civil matter after you sit on the stand and admit to doing something !llegal :thumb

the law states that it is !llegal for the operator of the vehicle to drive on public roads...no mention of it being !llegal to tint them...so unless they change the law.................

Did you call the judge and ask him how he would rule in a negligent civil matter after you sit on the stand and admit to doing something !llegal :lol2

the law states that it is !llegal for the operator of the vehicle to drive on public roads...no mention of it being !llegal to tint them...so unless they change the law.................

also, our shop has to compete, or I will being working for someone else really soon...

Guest cartek
I was answering the "name a state" not directed at you Cartek.

I had heard that it was like a $10,000 fine for the shop that was found to be installing !llegal.....I for one won't touch an !llegal install on a car from Indiana.

ahhh

gotchya, sorry for the misconfusion.

being from indiana myself, I dont know any shop that has ever gotten bitten by it.

who is supposed to enforce these laws? the police? a special organization?

If disclaimers are so great, why haven't bars and taverns been using them ?

It would keep them from getting sued, as it would insulate a tinter from getting sued ?

Sitting in the Courtroom "but they signed a disclaimer!!!!!!!"

Archived