!llegal tint disclaimer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:facepalm

I don't know about where you live...but that is exactly what is going on around here. Bars are being sued...and of course, the bar goes after the bartender, etc......but ok....if you won't stop for that reason....stop for the sake of not giving the profession we make our living with, a black eye. In other words...be professional.

I'm sure it doesn't help that certain dist. may be suggesting there is no need to follow state laws because it is unfair, since auto manu. can install privacy glass on their products.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/66195-newbie-showing-some-of-my-work/ :hmmm

I think the black eye's of our industry are the least of the worries. We should be concerned with the internal bleeding and concussions, those are the unseen killers in the long run. :twocents

seems very inlikely that your get sued or something for installing illegal tint. thats like a a dude gets drunk and drives his car and kills someone and the bar that served him alcohol is liable.

Yes they can and they have many times. If a bartender knowingly gives a drunk person alcohol, they can and will be held liable.

Like mentioned above so many times, just stay legal.

waiver has worked for me since before tint laws were invented. Customer signs it and I keep it not them. Have had police in shop several times over the years to write a fine (up to 10,000 here) but when I show the waiver with very strong "tint legal language" a fine has never been written. Yes I could be sued but I could be out of business by not slinging dark papas also. Tint legal is always the first objective but then it's pay the rent.

Archived