!llegal tint disclaimer

In michigan its usually a repair ticket like defective equipment. we are not supposed to tint front doors but everyone does. I do tell my customers that it is illegal so they cannot come back on me but will not give a written disclosure. I also do all the police departments. undercover, K-9 and personel vehicles. kinda funny telling a cop the law as he limos out his personal vehicle, but if i dont, well i loase my get outa jail free card LOL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am from Florida, and when i owned my shop there and managed another, it was a FELONY to install darker then legal film. The state does not have inspection so there was not that big of a deal but they did start enforcing it locally. I educated myself then. It took I believe 20 seperate documented proofs that you had tinted darker then legal for them to enforce the felony on you. Long story short, everyone of you including myself have tinted darker then legal and or have the WS tinted without the exempt. With that said. No proof no problem. You start getting waivers signed and Its gonna look like your trying to snuff the law. In the eyes of the law you are working against them, and trust me, you either are part of the resolution or the problem. Let it be known you are slinging dark tint and you are gonna be forever deemed part of the problem... They want illegal tint, tell them your best friends call you Cash and pull the door down. tint it and walk out of the shop, check for :popo and then pull the car out,, slap it on its ass and act as if you never seen it. I wouldnt EVER start a waiver process. If you are not 115% sure its legal, you are literally signing your own warrant.

So lets throw this out there then.

You tint the person's car illegally, the person knows you did it, and so do his friends who he came with to give you the car and so does the person's family. So the person leaves your shop with dark papers...no receipt.....and cash in your hand. He gets in an accident 2 days later. Turns out either the customer or the person he hit is killed, and the cause is that the driver couldn't see the oncoming car because of illegal tint. who do you think is going to be sued for liable?

You tint the person's car illegally, the person knows you did it, and so do his friends who he came with to give you the car and so does the person's family. So the person leaves your shop with dark papers...no receipt.....and cash in your hand. He gets in an accident 2 days later. Turns out either the customer or the person he hit is killed, and the cause is that the driver couldn't see the oncoming car because of illegal tint. who do you think is going to be sued for liable?

Bingo

without a weapon or body?

the guy in the accident is the body....and you are there with a shop full of tint! don't your rolls come with lot numbers and a bar code? you think it can't be traced?!?!?!

Not to mention the black eye that illegal tint gives the industry.

And don't think for a minute that the lawyer would not sue up the food chain. They would find out where, what, and how you got it.

I remember one many years ago that the entire food chain was held liable from the manufacturer to the person holding the knife. And that was in the millions

Archived