VW bug rear window

flat rock stan

Guest OnTheDarkside

Jim appears to be a nice guy and quite skillful.

But does "johnny-talks-alot" realize that he is standing Directly In Front of what Jim is doing.

Try taking two steps to your left next time buddy. Thanks :rollin

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim appears to be a nice guy and quite skillful.

But does "johnny-talks-alot" realize that he is standing Directly In Front of what Jim is doing.

Try taking two steps to your left next time buddy. Thanks :rollin

I recorded and edited the vid about Howard's business with Global not how to heat form the window so I guess him standing there is my fault :rollin . I did talk to Jim today about making a vid of him to teach those interested in learning but we are both pretty busy. should be able to work on it soon. As of this week he is the distrubitor for Global in Fla!!!!!! Show went great, thanks to all I was able to meet!!! :rollin

Stan

Well I’m here to say that today at SEMA I watched as Jim did the bug in about 3 minutes perfectly!!! Really nice guy, I wish we had him on TD. I was really busy working with customers but my wife Alexia took a hot gun and with his supervision did the window in about 6 minutes. Details and video of the whole deal soon!! Hot gun is very important as well as holding the film (not pulling hard) close to the glass while forming.

The people from Steinel heat guns brought me a excellent gun to try for them with digital heat control and digital air controls. Wow really nice guns, those guys know how to make them for sure. I set mine on 1150 F and it turned the film into butter to form. I think the guns are kind of pricy; I will have to check um out for Christmas.

I swear I am going to answer all my PM’s tonight guys…….. sorry Vegas is calling :rollin

Stan

Jim is a heckuva guy. Hes on here just doesnt want you to know. :rollin

The three minute shrink was only a marketing sceem invented by global. Thats why it sometimes looks like Shi*. Yes global shrinks fast and it shrinks fastest dry and with alot of heat. Sometimes you can do it in 3 or 5 or 2.5 or 15....Pulling the film also aides in fast forming but the long term results of that are still unknown.

Stan with all due respect how did you get away so long with limited knowledge in the window tinting business and train people to tint? I am not trying to be a smart axx Im an just curious. I have been playing around with the idea since about 1995 and maybe its time I throw my hat into the ring. I have a few ideas that I havent seen tried in the training arena:dunno

The three minute shrink was only a marketing sceem invented by global. Thats why it sometimes looks like Shi*. Yes global shrinks fast and it shrinks fastest dry and with alot of heat. Sometimes you can do it in 3 or 5 or 2.5 or 15....Pulling the film also aides in fast forming but the long term results of that are still unknown.

Stan with all due respect how did you get away so long with limited knowledge in the window tinting business and train people to tint? I am not trying to be a smart axx Im an just curious. I have been playing around with the idea since about 1995 and maybe its time I throw my hat into the ring. I have a few ideas that I havent seen tried in the training arena:dunno

I'm thinking even not trying to be that you are still comming off as a smart ass. :sad I guess I am just lucky or have a better attitude than most or it might be the experance of tinting 10's of thousands of cars or the experance from training thousands of people around the world who become very succesfull in the business. I think that what has brought me along is knowing that I am not a artist I'm just glueing plastic on windows. If I mess up no one dies... I just get another piece of film. You would do real good training with all your knowledge, you should try it. You sound like a person who makes friends easily :rollin:lol2

don't know beans

Stan :rollin

"JIM" doesnt use anything. he just lays the film on the glass with a horizontal anchor. and also he uses global qdp films which are very fast shrinking films, so if u dont have that, u not getting it in 3 mins. I can do it, I have done it, and I could do it all day. if u look closely, he used more of a "stretching" method than a lift and pull. also he uses a red millwalke heat gun which is the hottest gun I have ever used. keep the gun moving really close to the film, and pull harder.

:dunno:beer:beer

I know guys that can tint anything but couldn't teach anyone! I takes someone who's unselfish with a passion for this trade to give there knowledge to the new guys who are up and coming!! I've seen Stan in his videos and he deffinitly has the personality to teach! You don't have limited knowledge after 32 years of experience, all the contacts he's made in the industry, sema shows, and passion for window tinting and just get away with it! I've been tinting for 21 years now and I bet I could learn a thing or two from Stan the man! Here's to you Stan :dunno Don't know beans either Tint Artist

Archived