VW bug rear window

flat rock stan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim came to my shop and demoed his 3 minute shrink-Yes he shrank it in 3-4 minutes-but it wasnt anything that could be installed-at least not to my standards-creases galore. So then I say shrink that Toyata CAMRY sitting in the stall-it took him over 20 minutes and he creased it as well.He blamed it on the heat gun. I wasnt impressed-what good is a 3 minute shrink if you throw it in the trash???? :twocents

Guest tintgod
:twocents Speed is all well and good but not at the the sacrifice of quality.

bingo...I never sacrifice my quality to just get something done faster...if it takes me 15 minutes to shrink something..im good with that if its come out top notch.

Jim came to my shop and demoed his 3 minute shrink-Yes he shrank it in 3-4 minutes-but it wasnt anything that could be installed-at least not to my standards-creases galore. So then I say shrink that Toyata CAMRY sitting in the stall-it took him over 20 minutes and he creased it as well.He blamed it on the heat gun. I wasnt impressed-what good is a 3 minute shrink if you throw it in the trash???? :twocents

If thats the case I can do it in under a minute..... :spit ............... :krazy

:poke

:lol2

I use to double shrink Bug backglasses 10 years ago. Wet. And it took 10-15 minutes. What kind of film? I was using Madico and 3M.

Guest maddtinter
I hope he used his own film. :krazy

:twocents Speed is all well and good but not at the the sacrifice of quality.

I totally agree that speed is not the way if quality is gone. I talked Global into a Honda window so the film can actually be installed and show the anti static liner and the super fast QDP adhesive the film is famous for! I’m glad to hear my 15 – 20 minute installable bug is up to par.

Off to the hurryport!

Stan

Well I’m here to say that today at SEMA I watched as Jim did the bug in about 3 minutes perfectly!!! Really nice guy, I wish we had him on TD. I was really busy working with customers but my wife Alexia took a hot gun and with his supervision did the window in about 6 minutes. Details and video of the whole deal soon!! Hot gun is very important as well as holding the film (not pulling hard) close to the glass while forming.

The people from Steinel heat guns brought me a excellent gun to try for them with digital heat control and digital air controls. Wow really nice guns, those guys know how to make them for sure. I set mine on 1150 F and it turned the film into butter to form. I think the guns are kind of pricy; I will have to check um out for Christmas.

I swear I am going to answer all my PM’s tonight guys…….. sorry Vegas is calling :lock

Stan

Archived