Wax technique

Is this easier/better than the soap technique??

I still use soap tech but when you have a very curved glass, or defrosters that form bannanas, I use wax. It lets the film move and form to the curve...relaxing the film...much like the dryer sheet (which ive never used) and baby powder. The benefit to wax over powder, is less messy, and less chance of debris. I use wax on ALL Altimas 02 and newer, and ALL Lexus and some Toyotas. I hate having to go back to take care of a pesky bannana.

Guest tintmanlibby
Is this easier/better than the soap technique??

I still use soap tech but when you have a very curved glass, or defrosters that form bannanas, I use wax. It lets the film move and form to the curve...relaxing the film...much like the dryer sheet (which ive never used) and baby powder. The benefit to wax over powder, is less messy, and less chance of debris. I use wax on ALL Altimas 02 and newer, and ALL Lexus and some Toyotas. I hate having to go back to take care of a pesky bannana.

try the dryer sheet's you'll love em plus no mess :asshat:

do you get the sheet wet and wipe it on and let haze up?

Yup but I don't like to get it real thick on the glass. I like to use a old sheet or wash one out good :hmmm JUST REMEMBER IT MIGHT GIVE YOU CANCER. sorry about the screaming but it could be true... someone has a link to more info :asshat:

Stan

I have always used wax for every back glass unless it's nearly flat and an easy wet shrink, hardly ever have to deal with fingers and almost never have to rid a back glass of bananas. Just spray a very light coat in the middle of the back glass staying away from the edges so I don't have to wipe down any paint then rub it in with a paper towel to get full coverage. when I am done shrinking and cutting the film and have put it on the peel board then I use a cloth buffer cover and it wipes right off and leaves the back glass looking very clean. Makes for a nice easy shrink and on the tougher back glass's there's really no other way to go for me.

I used to wet shrink everything and I still think theres a use for it on some cars, but am loving the dryer sheet method now. Did a bunch of cars this past week that always drove me crazy with bananas on the defroster lines, but no more. All came out perfect, even the matrix dots borders. From the dread I've heard about the use of dryer sheets, I use Snuggles lightly wet and bunched up with rubber gloves on.

Archived