Few Fast Questions

Guest Tint Terrorist

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
must be the better half.....

She speaks in NORMAL English!

Dude I saw this thread and there was no Jiggra or broken English in the header and I was thinking to myself what the hell is going on... TT needs to step up and let people know who really puts the jihad on tint papas around here.

Guest Total tint
must be the better half.....

She speaks in NORMAL English!

Dude I saw this thread and there was no Jiggra or broken English in the header and I was thinking to myself what the hell is going on... TT needs to step up and let people know who really puts the jihad on tint papas around here.

yea wat he be sayin

Guest Bulldog
Good Afternoon everyone! I appreciate your help with a couple quick questions, please.

:wall

I tint part time, about 3-4 cars a week and have been tinting for a couple of years now.

- I usually use a dryer sheet to shrink one piece back windows. I'm doing a 2003 Eclipse on Friday & might have to two piece the rear window if I can't shrink it correctly. I have never seamed a rear window install. I know you cut along the defroster line, but when. I know it sounds pretty stupid ... lol, but how do you two piece a rear window (procedure)?

- Where can I buy black vinyl for dot matrix in some type of store or local business store or rather than online? I'm hoping to switch to this method, I can't seem to get Matrix Glue to look good from the outside (even with prior sanding and applying different hard card'ing pressures).

- The dot matrix on BMW Frameless Windows (The strip that goes vertically on the edge of the glass) How do you get that to lay down without it looking different than the rest of the window? Is tha possible?

- Do most tinters out there double cut roll ups to save time?

- If you don't have a plotter and free cut your film, how long does it take you to tint a "average difficulty" 4 Door Sedan. I have great quality (IMO) .. but, I'm trying to speed things up. (-:

Thank You to anyone that will take the time to answer any of these questions. I have lurked in here for some time now ...lol

Nice to meet'cha! :beer

Wow, nobody is going to answer??? There was once a time when people came here to help one another and SHARE information!! I believe this is why Rick created the sit?!?!

When you absolutely HAVE to use two pieces, pick a defroster line and overlap the two pieces of film. Shrink seperately and install. Cut the two overlapped pieces along the defroster line and remove the excess.

Black vinyl can be bought at sign shops.

Double cutting saves time but dont always match the other side....your call.

Average difficulty for custom cutting is around 5-10 minutes.

Sounds like you know more than you think ...

Guest Tint Terrorist

Thank You Bull Dog. I really appreciate your help. That was exactley what I was needing to know. This is a great site and knew I could count on you guys! Oh, btw .... "Sounds like you know more than you think" ... Thank's, but it never feels like it with new challenges every day trying to be better than the day before .. like the rest of you guys, I'm proud to be a Tinter and will keep plowing ahead!

Guest tintcity

This web site would be better named... askaquestionandgetasmartassedreply.com . I am not directing this statement to you Mr. Tintdude, just towards 75% of its members.As I had metioned in a previous thread a few weeks ago, these new people that join this site are here to learn and ask questions about the window tinting industry.And when they post,it never fails that they are bombed with replies such as the ones that are posted here.Personally,I have always admired the new guy or girl that has decided to try this type of profession.Remeber this ! Everyone one of was a rookie at one time.

Archived