SUNTEK CARBON FILM FADES

Guest FAST TINT MAN

I had been wondering when this was going to happen. ST sent out some young hottie to sell their films and many jumped on board. The prediction then from many out here was that the film would begin to tank. Hopefully, for OUR sake, it doesnt get too bad.................if the manny has to start eating it, so be it.....................

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't people just stick with the good stuff. I know some of you live in cooler climates and can get away with it. And Scotty...If you have to dry shrink doors because of ghosting. It is time to find a new film. That is ridiculous. The more I read on here about other films problems the more I am glad I keep Llumar. Their prices are stupid and I hate it. But I don't want some customer coming back in 2 years with a fading tint job. Not even 1

Guest thatsnappyguy

this is wierd...I have never ever ever had a problem with carbon. EVER. and the infinity line....find me a all metal film that doesnt "ghost" when heat is applied the WRONG WAY....slow it down, its not normal film. every film that I have worked with had its things about it...but every "platinum" line has the same thing. as far as suntek curling...I had a problem with it once, because I was sent the wrong line...stay away from the suntek standard line, thats the one that gave me problem cuz the adhesive blows.

and to scotty, im not going to run all over you like these other guys, but its 2009, theres no reason why u should be shrinking doors on the car itself...unless u have a vette or something, then I can understand.... snap method is the way to be. I havent shrunk a door glass on the car in about 3 years. its faster and easier once u get used to it. thats if u dont know about it already.

Guest Litespeeds

I love the company Suntek as a whole but am not convinced that the Carbon film is all it claims to be. When it first came out, I ordered some rolls and within 6 months, a customer came back and I was shocked that the back glass which we installed 18% was all purple. The sides that we installed lighter was fine. What I found out was they had some bad rolls that went out with only 1 layer of UV protection instead of 3 layers.

To me, that didn't sound like a good film because even with 3 layers of UV protection, I figured it will still fade. I hope the Carbon film doesn't put them out of business when they have to deal with all the warranty issues. However, I have been a loyal Suntek HP Charcoal user for over 5 years now and have never had a single customer come back for any warranty issues. This has got to be my best track record for any film out on the market as I have tried everything from Llumar, Sungard, Solargard, Johnsons, Madico, 3M, and maybe a couple of others and all have had some kind of problems within the 2-5 year period. Knock on wood but I sure hope Suntek does not change anything with their HP Charcoal line. The only thing that I can comment is I wish their hard coat is more scratch resistant.

I love the company Suntek as a whole but am not convinced that the Carbon film is all it claims to be. When it first came out, I ordered some rolls and within 6 months, a customer came back and I was shocked that the back glass which we installed 18% was all purple. The sides that we installed lighter was fine. What I found out was they had some bad rolls that went out with only 1 layer of UV protection instead of 3 layers.

To me, that didn't sound like a good film because even with 3 layers of UV protection, I figured it will still fade. I hope the Carbon film doesn't put them out of business when they have to deal with all the warranty issues. However, I have been a loyal Suntek HP Charcoal user for over 5 years now and have never had a single customer come back for any warranty issues. This has got to be my best track record for any film out on the market as I have tried everything from Llumar, Sungard, Solargard, Johnsons, Madico, 3M, and maybe a couple of others and all have had some kind of problems within the 2-5 year period. Knock on wood but I sure hope Suntek does not change anything with their HP Charcoal line. The only thing that I can comment is I wish their hard coat is more scratch resistant.

I'm right there with you. I like the color, feel, and adhesive. I just wish it didn't scratch soo easy, look at it wrong and it will scratch. I only use my yellow turbo on it now, but it doesn't get enough water out as I would like.

:bingo I love the suntek hp. I prefer it over the carbon. hardcoat seems to be stronger than it was a year ago but could still be better.

I just started to use the carbon line! It's a beautiful film and shrinks like butter. I'm always a skeptic with any film I use because I've tried alot of them and eventually you will find things about any film that you install that goes wrong! The carbon 5% has more of greenish hue to it more then I like but so far no major issues!

Guest thatsnappyguy

yea the 5% looks like madico a lil bit.

this is crazy talk. I never had a problem with carbon. although I do see some issues with HP

Archived