SUNTEK CARBON FILM FADES

Guest FAST TINT MAN

Guest thatsnappyguy

all film will fade. we really dont want a film that last forever do we? we can mention again and again about the lifetime warranty BS, but im sure we all heard enough about that. I tell the customers that carbon will last about 5-6 years cuz that what I have personally figured out. I have SP and ATR jobs that dont last that long, but what can you say to that? ATR blah blah blah...not the best. there are about 5-6 lines of films that will perform great on an auto. And when I say great, I mean its gonna be about 7-8 years before you notice that it needs to be redone. Believing in a lifetime warrantied window film is like believing that u never have to cut your grass anymore since you bought a new mower or believing that your paint on your house and car will never need to be redone. I dont know who came up with this magical phrase, but everyone needs to stop saying it as much.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fredstinting
all film will fade. we really dont want a film that last forever do we? we can mention again and again about the lifetime warranty BS, but im sure we all heard enough about that. I tell the customers that carbon will last about 5-6 years cuz that what I have personally figured out. I have SP and ATR jobs that dont last that long, but what can you say to that? ATR blah blah blah...not the best. there are about 5-6 lines of films that will perform great on an auto. And when I say great, I mean its gonna be about 7-8 years before you notice that it needs to be redone. Believing in a lifetime warrantied window film is like believing that u never have to cut your grass anymore since you bought a new mower or believing that your paint on your house and car will never need to be redone. I dont know who came up with this magical phrase, but everyone needs to stop saying it as much.

it just a mind set thing if I told you the flim I would install on your car had a 1 year warranty most people would say no because they would think I was trying to sell them crap . but if I came out and said I have a lifetime warranty film you feel more comfortable and most likely do business with me and think you were getting a quality window film. its all in your head it makes you feel better doing business with someone that give a lifetime warranty on any item

rather then on a 1year warranty. its like you get a better deal . all you have to say lifetime warranty

Guest tintguy7

I totally agree with you on the warranty issue......maybe st wasnt made to endure our climate here and others were. I dont and never will tell any customer that the film is goin to last a lifetime......I'd rather warranty a job 5-6 years down the line than 8months to 2years! 10 years down the line and 1 warranty for this customer, hopefully they're on their new car coming back to you for another tint job!!! instead of looking for your competitor and saying to themselves "they gave great customer service, but their product wasnt so great". and thats my belief for my business and all things..."great service with great products"!!!!!!!! :dunno

Guest ECCTint

I think it's just as important for tinters to understand the product as well as the results.

Yes, all dyed films will eventually fade. But some will fade more quickly than others.

Is the dye impregnated into the film? Or is it mixed into the adhesive? Are all of the layers dyed? Or is one of the layers just a clear film to give the impression of thickness?

Answer these questions and you'll get a better idea of a dyed films' durability.

this is wierd...I have never ever ever had a problem with carbon. EVER. and the infinity line....find me a all metal film that doesnt "ghost" when heat is applied the WRONG WAY....slow it down, its not normal film. every film that I have worked with had its things about it...but every "platinum" line has the same thing. as far as suntek curling...I had a problem with it once, because I was sent the wrong line...stay away from the suntek standard line, thats the one that gave me problem cuz the adhesive blows.

and to scotty, im not going to run all over you like these other guys, but its 2009, theres no reason why u should be shrinking doors on the car itself...unless u have a vette or something, then I can understand.... snap method is the way to be. I havent shrunk a door glass on the car in about 3 years. its faster and easier once u get used to it. thats if u dont know about it already.

:poke

I just replaced a rear glass the went frost/distorted badly.....I dont carry the film and didnt make that switch like the rest. "why try to fix something that isnt broke" I think all the ones who made that switch two years ago will start see this film go bad, at least from people that keep there cars over a year or two.

this is wierd...I have never ever ever had a problem with carbon. EVER. and the infinity line....find me a all metal film that doesnt "ghost" when heat is applied the WRONG WAY....slow it down, its not normal film. every film that I have worked with had its things about it...but every "platinum" line has the same thing. as far as suntek curling...I had a problem with it once, because I was sent the wrong line...stay away from the suntek standard line, thats the one that gave me problem cuz the adhesive blows.

and to scotty, im not going to run all over you like these other guys, but its 2009, theres no reason why u should be shrinking doors on the car itself...unless u have a vette or something, then I can understand.... snap method is the way to be. I havent shrunk a door glass on the car in about 3 years. its faster and easier once u get used to it. thats if u dont know about it already.

:dunno

I just replaced a rear glass the went frost/distorted badly.....I dont carry the film and didnt make that switch like the rest. "why try to fix something that isnt broke" I think all the ones who made that switch two years ago will start see this film go bad, at least from people that keep there cars over a year or two.

1 year carbon on my personal car,, no problems/fade yet. I have stoped using the carbon allmost as soon as I started, heat rejection of the HP was just soo much beter, and I like the color of HP better :thumb

Archived