SUNTEK CARBON FILM FADES

Guest FAST TINT MAN

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the company Suntek as a whole but am not convinced that the Carbon film is all it claims to be.

I can honestly say in 24 years I have never seen a film that was what it claimed to be,all films will break down sooner or later,In this texas market if a car is never in garage or carport and out in the elimants 24/7 I don't think ther is a film on the planet that will hold up more than 7 years

I love the company Suntek as a whole but am not convinced that the Carbon film is all it claims to be.

I can honestly say in 24 years I have never seen a film that was what it claimed to be,all films will break down sooner or later,In this texas market if a car is never in garage or carport and out in the elimants 24/7 I don't think ther is a film on the planet that will hold up more than 7 years

:lol:lol:bingo:bingo:bingo

I will add.

ONLY BAD SELLER CAN GIVE MORE THAN FIVE YEAR WARRANTY.

And that not because it can fade or not.

Because of capitalism rules - sell or die.

Lifetime = never sell again???

isn't it stupid.

That's my striong point.

No idea to tell anything bad about people who give LIFETIME following manufacturers.

BUT PLEASE THINK HARD - DO YOU NEED SUCH %&$# LIKE LIFE-TIME WARRANTY????

EVERYTHING CAN BE DAMAGE!!!

EVEN METALL!

And such piece of %&$# like window film - OF COURSE!!!!

Guest Litespeeds

Lifetime warranty is a stupid phrase to use because we all know that nothing really lasts forever, except maybe diamonds. The tint manufacturer's are all betting that most people will sell their cars within 3-5 years and once they sell it, the warranty is not transferrable. This is how they get out of most of their claims. Now for those people that keep their cars for 5-10 years, the film manufacturers are hoping they don't make claims but every once in awhile, you will get a come back. What I tell my customer's is they will need to contact the manufacturer to get authorization and also bring in the original receipt with the film and roll numbers otherwise I can not warranty the job.

Now how come when it comes to residential/commercial film, the film manufacturers only give around a 10 year warranty instead of lifetime? Maybe because most people will stay in their house for over 10 years? Some films might have lifetime warranty but I just wanted to give an example.

There is no perfect film out on the market. I have tried everything that is worth trying and there is always something that can be improved upon. What the window film manufacturers need to do is to get rid of lifetime warranty and go back to reality and only give up to 5 years warranty on their best films. That is really the expected life of window film because the sun will break down most adhesives within that period of time when left out 24/7.

People buy automobiles and the manufacturer's warranty is usually only 3 years. Does this stop people from buying those cars? They have to be realistic again and not promise consumers lifetime because the only people that will suffer from this is we, the tinters. When a film goes bad and the customer complains, they are never going to say that Suntek film is crap and turned purple. They are going to say that shop that did my tint job used cheap film that turned purple. Now who is really getting the bad rap.

Enough with the venting. Just thinking about all the warranty jobs that I had to suck up from Sungard. :DD

Lifetime warranty is a stupid phrase to use because we all know that nothing really lasts forever, except maybe diamonds. The tint manufacturer's are all betting that most people will sell their cars within 3-5 years and once they sell it, the warranty is not transferrable. This is how they get out of most of their claims. Now for those people that keep their cars for 5-10 years, the film manufacturers are hoping they don't make claims but every once in awhile, you will get a come back. What I tell my customer's is they will need to contact the manufacturer to get authorization and also bring in the original receipt with the film and roll numbers otherwise I can not warranty the job.

Now how come when it comes to residential/commercial film, the film manufacturers only give around a 10 year warranty instead of lifetime? Maybe because most people will stay in their house for over 10 years? Some films might have lifetime warranty but I just wanted to give an example.

There is no perfect film out on the market. I have tried everything that is worth trying and there is always something that can be improved upon. What the window film manufacturers need to do is to get rid of lifetime warranty and go back to reality and only give up to 5 years warranty on their best films. That is really the expected life of window film because the sun will break down most adhesives within that period of time when left out 24/7.

People buy automobiles and the manufacturer's warranty is usually only 3 years. Does this stop people from buying those cars? They have to be realistic again and not promise consumers lifetime because the only people that will suffer from this is we, the tinters. When a film goes bad and the customer complains, they are never going to say that Suntek film is crap and turned purple. They are going to say that shop that did my tint job used cheap film that turned purple. Now who is really getting the bad rap.

Enough with the venting. Just thinking about all the warranty jobs that I had to suck up from Sungard. :woowoo

Here Here! :cool

Guest VaTinterPMan
I think Tintaitor did a thread with pics of this a while ago , I searched but could not find ...

here's the pic....Carbon after something like 9 months.....yeah, I was shocked too.....we immediately dropped SunTek after this car came back, this was about 3 years ago......I believe Carbon is just dyed in the laminate and scratchcoat (that's what I've heard) :lol2

Carbon.jpg

windows stripped from a Mustang....left old, right a swatch of fresh, notice the dots are same color

what film are you gonna use now?? :poop

I always take a Piece of extra tint that I have off a certain Roll And catalog it With the Roll Number and what date I opened the Box and when I ran out. Which is always a week to three in between. That way when I have a car come back which is rarely ever I can go pull the certain film from that roll and compare it to what it looked like before. Than I can show the customer exactly what happened with it. I just use a piece of tape and tape to a piece of paper and put into a file in filing cabinet. I get about 4 to 6 pieces per paper.

Works great and you can always go back to see if it did fade or not. and if it was just a adh. failure. Works great when it comes to kick backs and warranty's with Manufacture.

Guest VaTinterPMan

You like that? Maybe I should put it in tips and try for another TOTW? I started it after the first kickback I had and can show every little thing to the custy and guarantee wont happen again. Only twice has happened since. With Madico Not a Single One!

OH YEAH!!! scotty.gif

Guest VaTinterPMan

Oh yeah I give the number to the customer only bad thing is if they forgot or lose the paper I cant tell. But they never do. Stays right in the glove box so even after 15 mins of digging its there! smile22.gif

Guest Got_Tint85
ok ...I just thought I should post this I do not think it was a bad roll.

I'm glad you did post this.. I hold judgement out on the film..but personally I'm shockeed at how many tinters jumped on a relatively new film without any longevity history. Being "user friendly " and "looks good" is only a percentage of what really matters if your an established business and hope to have rtepeat customers. :lol

I hope this is an isolated incident and therefore gives tinters more choices if wanting to change brands..with that said, I hope others report if the film is giving long term grief to save others aggrivation when choosing brands..fait enough to say :tw

Archived