SUNTEK CARBON FILM FADES

Guest FAST TINT MAN

Dont you guys understand? one or two cars coming back is just the start of a storm .

seeing as how you have no location, no age, no experience, no info at all in your profile, your opinion on a particular film, especially one that is as established in the market as Carbon means absolutely nothing to me. Not only that, but I would hardly consider having 2 cars come back "the start of a storm" Now 3 years ago, when there was 5 or 6 true grey issues that came back in the span of two weeks, now THAT was the start of a storm. Once they changed the film, True Grey was actually a nice film at the end. I still have the last of my inventory and still use it to this day. I'm down to like 4 more rolls now, and no issues in the last few years.

So what do you have to say to the others that have had the same experience? How about the film rep that testifies to the OP having a reputable shop? If two cars came back that only means that those were the people that chose to go the warranty route. There are others that will take it as you providing a bad product and they will call it a loss and not go back to your shop.....ever. If the film on a car has gone bad, some people would rather not have bad film replaced with the same exact film. It happens, we've all had plenty of customers because of it. :lol2

I've been tinting for 11 years and my dad for 20 years before I even started. I never heard about Sun Tek until I logged on to tintdude. I got the sample and thats as far as it will ever go with me.

I guess your right. My appologies, I guess for once I took the same approach that a lot of people take on here, when I'm all about not doing that.

I'm in the same boat as you, I tried samples of all their auto films, and really didn't like any of them. The standard shrinks like buttah, but I would never carry a 3 year film. These days theres just no point, especially for the price they want for it.

:lol No worries mang, mostly rhetorical. I didnt get a chance to try the Standard or HP so I only speak about the carbon but like you I wouldnt carry a 3 year film either. I didnt try the HP because I had heard about some issues here on TD before I asked for a sample.

Dont you guys understand? one or two cars coming back is just the start of a storm .

seeing as how you have no location, no age, no experience, no info at all in your profile, your opinion on a particular film, especially one that is as established in the market as Carbon means absolutely nothing to me. Not only that, but I would hardly consider having 2 cars come back "the start of a storm" Now 3 years ago, when there was 5 or 6 true grey issues that came back in the span of two weeks, now THAT was the start of a storm. Once they changed the film, True Grey was actually a nice film at the end. I still have the last of my inventory and still use it to this day. I'm down to like 4 more rolls now, and no issues in the last few years.

I installed this film on my van and after 2 years is fading ! what about all the custumers that I sold as a non fading film?this does not look good,anyone else seen this?eventho the manufacturer will warranty this we loose trust... :mad

been using carbon for a couple of years, amungst other films and have had no problems. NO NOT APPLY INFINITY FILMS TO ANY VEHICLES YOU HAVE TO SHRINK SMALL-BIG FINGERS! GHOST MARKS FROM HELL

well every car has a curved back glass that requires shrinking. some more than others. dry shrink with lower heat takes longer but gets it done right.

This is very true. When using a ceramic or full metal, you HAVE to dry shrink it, even the sides that need to be shrunk. Every time I wet shrink it, even just two little fingers, theres too much heat and it will ghost.

For a 20 year old self employed- full time /architecture student- full time you manage to do more tintin' and postin' than is healthy for a guy your age. You ever thought of booz and chicks? :lol

lets just say mon-thurs when im in school I spend more hours looking at a computer screen than sleeping haha. Trust me, architecture students actually embody the saying work hard play hard. Thurs-Sat night is one constant boozefest/workfest for me. Usually, I substitute red bull for sleep

:beer I sure didnt have that kind of work ethic @ 20. I was out getting screwed blued and tattooed :lol2 Maybe thats why I'm a tinter and not an architect? :beer:lol2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
I think the great state of Michigan has produced more college tint dude tinters than any other state..

Myself, Will (Want2modmygt) and Scotty... must be so cold up there we have nothin better to do than post on TD

man I hate working mobile in the winter. even with my propane jet heater I take with me to the jobs its still cold as hell in a lot of the places. plus, being a college tinter what other job can you make what most kids make a week in one car??

Guest scottydosnntkno

So what do you have to say to the others that have had the same experience? How about the film rep that testifies to the OP having a reputable shop? If two cars came back that only means that those were the people that chose to go the warranty route. There are others that will take it as you providing a bad product and they will call it a loss and not go back to your shop.....ever. If the film on a car has gone bad, some people would rather not have bad film replaced with the same exact film. It happens, we've all had plenty of customers because of it. :lol

I've been tinting for 11 years and my dad for 20 years before I even started. I never heard about Sun Tek until I logged on to tintdude. I got the sample and thats as far as it will ever go with me.

I guess your right. My appologies, I guess for once I took the same approach that a lot of people take on here, when I'm all about not doing that.

I'm in the same boat as you, I tried samples of all their auto films, and really didn't like any of them. The standard shrinks like buttah, but I would never carry a 3 year film. These days theres just no point, especially for the price they want for it.

:lol2 No worries mang, mostly rhetorical. I didnt get a chance to try the Standard or HP so I only speak about the carbon but like you I wouldnt carry a 3 year film either. I didnt try the HP because I had heard about some issues here on TD before I asked for a sample.

I installed this film on my van and after 2 years is fading ! what about all the custumers that I sold as a non fading film?this does not look good,anyone else seen this?eventho the manufacturer will warranty this we loose trust... :beer

been using carbon for a couple of years, amungst other films and have had no problems. NO NOT APPLY INFINITY FILMS TO ANY VEHICLES YOU HAVE TO SHRINK SMALL-BIG FINGERS! GHOST MARKS FROM HELL

well every car has a curved back glass that requires shrinking. some more than others. dry shrink with lower heat takes longer but gets it done right.

This is very true. When using a ceramic or full metal, you HAVE to dry shrink it, even the sides that need to be shrunk. Every time I wet shrink it, even just two little fingers, theres too much heat and it will ghost.

For a 20 year old self employed- full time /architecture student- full time you manage to do more tintin' and postin' than is healthy for a guy your age. You ever thought of booz and chicks? :lol

lets just say mon-thurs when im in school I spend more hours looking at a computer screen than sleeping haha. Trust me, architecture students actually embody the saying work hard play hard. Thurs-Sat night is one constant boozefest/workfest for me. Usually, I substitute red bull for sleep

:lol2 I sure didnt have that kind of work ethic @ 20. I was out getting screwed blued and tattooed :lol2 Maybe thats why I'm a tinter and not an architect? :beer:mad

you dont really have a choice being an architecture student. most of our big projects, especially the semester final take hundreds of hours over a month or two period, so you don't have much time for sleep, usually only on the weekends. I on the other hand choose to work on the weekends, because I love tinting

I think Tintaitor did a thread with pics of this a while ago , I searched but could not find ...

here's the pic....Carbon after something like 9 months.....yeah, I was shocked too.....we immediately dropped SunTek after this car came back, this was about 3 years ago......I believe Carbon is just dyed in the laminate and scratchcoat (that's what I've heard) :rollin

Carbon.jpg

windows stripped from a Mustang....left old, right a swatch of fresh, notice the dots are same color

I think Tintaitor did a thread with pics of this a while ago , I searched but could not find ...

here's the pic....Carbon after something like 9 months.....yeah, I was shocked too.....we immediately dropped SunTek after this car came back, this was about 3 years ago......I believe Carbon is just dyed in the laminate and scratchcoat (that's what I've heard) :dunno

Carbon.jpg

windows stripped from a Mustang....left old, right a swatch of fresh, notice the dots are same color

what film are you gonna use now?? :bdog

Guest thatsnappyguy

this topic was started by that same guy that started that "NEW FILM" (solteck garbage) topic. I wouldnt believe a word he says.

Guest BRUTO

Carbon curls , fades and sucks .... I did two doors on a suv that had tiger stripes all the way through after fresh install ..... GOOD LUCK w come backs s tek over sells themselves in az!! Thats why they moved to a smaller location its coming back on them slowly but surely....

Archived