SUNTEK CARBON FILM FADES

Guest FAST TINT MAN

Guest scottydosnntkno
The only thing worse that film that curls after it's been peeled is the film company insisting that their film does not curl.

It seems as if a lot of companies these days try and cover up their mistakes by insisting that you got a bad roll, since only one roll would be bad when its cut off a master :ppdance

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

down here in the new orleans area, its kinda hard to film a tint that holds up. I LOVE johnsons SP...love the price, the way it looks and feels....but it doesnt last around here...withing a year and a half, the back glass is all grainy.... I found that global holds up, but it doesnt hold out the heat like others. carbon looks great and I have never had an issue with it yet. if carbon doesnt last around here, I wouldnt know where to turn besides ATR or global. ATR is expensive and last a lil longer than SP while holding out some heat, global looks good but doesnt beat the heat like everyone eles.

down here in the new orleans area, its kinda hard to film a tint that holds up. I LOVE johnsons SP...love the price, the way it looks and feels....but it doesnt last around here...withing a year and a half, the back glass is all grainy.... I found that global holds up, but it doesnt hold out the heat like others. carbon looks great and I have never had an issue with it yet. if carbon doesnt last around here, I wouldnt know where to turn besides ATR or global. ATR is expensive and last a lil longer than SP while holding out some heat, global looks good but doesnt beat the heat like everyone eles.

Sun Tek Carbon/LLumar ATC reject the same heat, - not much -, so you'll have a couple of options without spending the extra $ for ATR.

Guest naughtydog

Sun Tek Carbon/LLumar ATC reject the same heat, - not much -, so you'll have a couple of options without spending the extra $ for ATR.

I use both and the ATR has much better figures from memory.

Seems to me like there are more mixed messages about Carbon film than any other film mentioned.

People either love it and think it's the best film in the world, or they complain about it scratching, fading, turning purple, curling, etc.

Ive been using it, its great looking film, I havnt had issues with color change, or curling..

maybe its in the install.... :dunno

Guest tintguy7

I dont wanna be a dick....but I told u guys so........several years back!!!!!! of course our weather here is not forgiving!!!!!! and the cars that I used st on, regardless if its carbon, hp, or infinity is STILL biting me in the arse till this day!!!!! I did switch brands, so the warranty issue is that st sends me the film to redo the work, but I kno that this customer will be back in the near future. so its an never ending cycle. but they are great people!!!!! :hmmm

Archived