SUNTEK CARBON FILM FADES

Guest FAST TINT MAN

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I've been using Carbon since it came out and only had a few isolated cases. Must've been a bad roll or something. Very nice film and a great upsell of the Suntek High Performance.

Guest tiger_football
I just had a stang come back.I used suntek carbon.he had fading around the top edge of the window where it meets the rubber gasket.I just stripped it and retinted it.who goes thru all the hasell of calling the distributor and trying to get a refund on the film?just redo the one or two windows that come back a year.

I had the same problem on my car. It was on there for a little less then 2 years. It is a very nice film to work with but longevity (< 2 years?) is an issue that cannot be overlooked. This was about 2-3 years ago.

I just had a stang come back.I used suntek carbon.he had fading around the top edge of the window where it meets the rubber gasket.I just stripped it and retinted it.who goes thru all the hasell of calling the distributor and trying to get a refund on the film?just redo the one or two windows that come back a year.

If one or two that come back a year is all you get, then that's not bad. It's when something goes horribly wrong and you start getting one or two a week that will change your mind in a hurry. Hopefully that won't happen though.

ok ...I just thought I should post this I do not think it was a bad roll.

I'm glad you did post this.. I hold judgement out on the film..but personally I'm shockeed at how many tinters jumped on a relatively new film without any longevity history. Being "user friendly " and "looks good" is only a percentage of what really matters if your an established business and hope to have rtepeat customers. :inot

I hope this is an isolated incident and therefore gives tinters more choices if wanting to change brands..with that said, I hope others report if the film is giving long term grief to save others aggrivation when choosing brands..fait enough to say :inot

Archived