Illinois Tint Law

oldtinter

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

:poke

Around the middle of October. I'll say it again for those that don't get it. If we weren't there, and going through all the crap, stress, money, and time off of work, you would have a bill fining both customers AND tinters for putting ANYTHING on the front doors. Basically making it impossible to make a living in this industry in this state in the automotive end. It just really pisses me off when dealers complain about ANY part of the bill, when a few hard working people basically saved any hope of their future. :bingo

I would be pissed off too...good work OT....Glad to see there are ppl out there that care about the industry to fight for their lively hood..because you know the new generation is/was raised to not give a %&$#..and all they think about is money.

OT... I work for Jim House (the owner of Midwest).. been there almost 3 yrs now.. I'm on your side of the fence HAHA...

Jim told me that he spent $50k of his own money back in the day trying to fight the current law that we have... when Peoria added their crappy part (about fining the shop) he went to all the town hall meetings etc. and wrote letters and made phone calls to complain about it and try to block that part as well... no luck... now I'm certain he's trying to campaign for the new law as well to help keep things moving in some sort of positive direction.. it's absurd I tell ya...

he'd let us put 35% on fronts and 20% on rear but no darker before the city ordinance.. NOW.. we put nothing on fronts. and he's NEVER been ok putting limo on much of anything but a squad car K-9 .. he doesn't feel it's safe..

so those are my limitations as well..

we can only hope for some positive changes.. AND I did read that factory privacy glass COLD have light film on the fronts.. but anything darker than 35% (roughly) on the rear would disqualify any front filming... :bingo

I talked to Jim and he was a help early on, although he honestly thought I had zero chance of getting this far just like everyone else. Can't blame him though, he went through the process like you said, and realized how extremely difficult a proposition this was. That is why anyone who complains is going to hear it from me, and not in a good way. :beer It was against all odds, and our little team did it, it's more amazing to me probably than anyone because I saw the looks on peoples faces that very first day in the Committee meeting in Springfield. Smirks, shrugs, and the "you're an idiot if you think you can actually do this" looks. I can't elaborate much, but Jim House gave me a big heads up on a certain matter.....and only I really know and can appreciate what a big deal his little heads up was. He was definitely a key player, I owe him one. :beer I'll stop by Peoria and have a few drinks with you boys when this is done for sure. :beer:cool

You bring your old butt to peoria and I'll get u dinner and a :beer or 2 at old chicago on the river...GREAT pizza and several hundred beers... OH MAN they got good stuff... Thanks for everything you're doing now, and everything you've done.. I can appreciate everything Jim's done in the past even though he got kicked down.. (back then) and trying to fight Peoria too on the ordinance thing only to get kicked in the teeth...

we'll have to see how it shakes down OT...

Dave did an outstanding job on talking to the FOP, and the state police. He had the patients to listen to them and to explain what we were after (while I went out to the hall to blow off steam). They found Dave to be sincere, and creitable. After many phone calls, Dave got the chance to do a demo for all in Springfield (which was a HUGH turning point in the whole thing). This bill has been a "roller coaster" ride the whole way. We all owe this grumpie "Old Tinter" that my wife calls "Sun Shine", a big THANKS.

Dave did an outstanding job on talking to the FOP, and the state police. He had the patients to listen to them and to explain what we were after (while I went out to the hall to blow off steam). They found Dave to be sincere, and creitable. After many phone calls, Dave got the chance to do a demo for all in Springfield (which was a HUGH turning point in the whole thing). This bill has been a "roller coaster" ride the whole way. We all owe this grumpie "Old Tinter" that my wife calls "Sun Shine", a big THANKS.

GUS.. nice to see ya :)

I'll say a big thanks to both you and OT.. and anyone else that's not on the board.. hopefully things will shake down in our favor this time. I'm looking forward to it. and NEXT time you'all have a project like this, lemme know.. I'd love to get involved :lol

P.S. if u come down to peoria w/ Dave sometime, I'll buy ya both a :lol (sunshine... PFFFT :lol )

Archived