Illinois Tint Law

oldtinter

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already have people coming in with wrong information on the law.....one a couple days ago thought is was 25% all around and that it was ALREADY in effect!!

and then there is the stupid House Bill "Facebook" page.....give me a break

It's messy and complicated, no doubt. It's also much ado about nothing. 35% film on a car is not a big deal to probably about 95% of the officers out there. After todays fiasco, I'd say there's a chance the governor could veto the stupid thing. My hope is he just won't touch it or take any action at all on it, in which case it automatically becomes law on August 26th. Can't go into detail here, but there was a bit of a setback today to say the least.

OT im proud of you stepping up doing this and dealing all the BS involved, im hoping and sure it will all fall thru and make sure you get recognition and credit for your efforts in our industry. Us tinters lack unity, although it begins with the manufacturer/distributor side cause they just want to push film. But they ought to be more careful on who they sell film to, that way it will weed out the h@cks in our industry.

Keep it up :bingo

Thanks Raffy. :beer There are quite a few people working pretty hard for the cause. I have to mention Llumar again as the manufacturer who has been completely involved every step of the way. There's also been strong support from Midwest Marketing(Madico) here. And lots of regular Joes, and good cops and on and on. It's been like David vs. Goliath....lets hope Goliath don't duck at the last second, because that rock is right there.

Thanks Raffy. :mad There are quite a few people working pretty hard for the cause. I have to mention Llumar again as the manufacturer who has been completely involved every step of the way. There's also been strong support from Midwest Marketing(Madico) here. And lots of regular Joes, and good cops and on and on. It's been like David vs. Goliath....lets hope Goliath don't duck at the last second, because that rock is right there.

:spit

It appears it's going to be last minute. That's the opinion of those that are closest to the situation. He has less than 2 weeks to decide, or it becomes law by default. I dread the media reaction either way. You know it will be skewed and filled with nonsense, or based on false information. A bunch of people discussing something they know nothing, or very little about, like most "news" reports. :poke

current status is an "amendatory veto" by the governor that changed some of the wording on the MPV section. His letter is available online and states that with that change he will be happy to sign the bill! Veto session is on for mid October.....so until then we are still where we were.http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus...mp;SessionID=76and if you want to stay up to date even better check out this Facebook page....http://www.facebook.com/ILHB3325?v=wall&viewas=0

Archived