Illinois Tint Law

oldtinter

I really do see this law going into effect. It will be nice being able to tint all the side windows and the rear. I have been keeping my eye on it. I will have my car in the shop the first day the law passes. Hopefully they will decide on it before they let out for summer recess at the end of May.

Reading they bill are they saying they are going to allow 35% or 50% on the front windows? I looks like 35%.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oldtinter said that it was supposed to be film percentages, but what I read it will be glass as the officer will not be able to measure the film alone. Unless they change the wording or come up with a chart for them then it will be lighter film.

The way it is falling is 35% all around, or 30% rear and 50% front. If factory tint on rear then 50% front..... Or you can do ANY darkness rear and NOTHING on the front....same as now.

I hope for film darkness and some sort of chart for the LEO's to go by or a change of the wording to make it fit....

It's film, not net. It passed the Senate about 3 hours ago. Just deal with the gift, and don't raise a ruckus about details, as that could blow this thing up. We don't need tinters freaking, and questioning everything. That was part of the reason for a low profile. It will all work out once signed, which looks like a solid bet right now. It will be a little confusing at first for all concerned, but flooding the legislators with questions right now....not good. You just have to trust that there's a reason that is a bad idea. A low profile is by far the best way right now.

A lot of people are. I had a chance to watch it live on the net, I wanted to go down in person, but have been busy. My local Senator(Matt Murphy) who was kind enough to take the bill in Senate, really did a nice job with it on the Senate floor. He is contemplating running for governor....Every tinter in Illinois needs to know what he did. Suzi Bassi (my local state House rep)was the the one who worked with me on the original bill, I can't begin to tell you how hard she worked on it. These two really came through for all of us. So did the State Police and FOP. Good guys who are counting on us tinters to NOT screw this up. There were many more people that were important in helping...too many to mention here. Now we need the Governor to sign it.

Guest nabanta

Has anybody noticed that the bill that will make installing film on the driver and passenger window !llegal was sent to the Governor on June 17? Yet the bill that will allow front window tint was passed by the Senate on May 30 and still hasn't been sent to the Governor. Suzanne Bassi supports both bills also. :lol6

It's all under control. :spit Unless a bunch of car freaks start making noise about it. A low profile is the way to go. Try to not get a bunch of people wound up about it right now. Trust me, it's not in our best interest. Even if the bill is signed, it's up to the shop owners to abide by it and not push it. It's been said to me in no uncertain terms that this new law will and can be taken away alot faster than the 6-8 months of hard work it's taken to get it this far. Shop owners better learn the word NO in a hurry to customers that want to push the envelope, or we will be back to square one quicker than you can say dumbazz tinters. :spit If the law enforcement community sees improvement in cars lightening up their tint, everyone will win here. Otherwise...........

Archived