Illinois Tint Law

oldtinter

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are welcome. :nope And yes..I am still, and will always be...insignificant. :lol2

Also, it was way more than just me obviously...not many, but a good team of people working relentlessly and not giving up, most of whom were much smarter than me.

Hey Dave, is there going to be any issue with the wording on this when the "rear" sections state the VLT but does not state that it is FILM where the front say FILM?? I have thought this from the first time reading but kept my mouth shut.

I know it is SUPPOSED to be the film, but we know that the factory glass is normally going to have the light 70% range VLT....and if you add a film that will change it...with the actual wording on the front being film and the rear not having that wording...

The SUV part technically isn't legal until we get the trailer bill through in January. Basically ANY vehicle with factory privacy glass will be allowed 50% on the front doors. Technically, there is a +/- 5% variance in all percentages, add to that the +/- 2% for the meter, and it covers the 35% film which would meter around 28% or about 16% on factory privacy glass. I think..... :lol2 The whole SUV/privacy glass thing was really difficult to hammer down, so it's not perfect, and it was a major headache, trust me. If no privacy glass, all percentages(including trucks and SUVs) revert back to the passenger car area of the law. But if you put a film on with the same percentage as factory privacy glass on say an SUV, you'll be fine...I think, again. :nope It's total chaos I know, but it will keep tinters tinting in Illinois and that's all that really matters, right? :D

Archived