Good bye little guy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that we haven't seen the end of the alliance between 3M and NGSG.

Next step will be film distribution. twocents.gif

like I said, who knows what the intentions are, they are going after corporate accounts and giving jobs to they're "dealers" and thats fine, but I think patrick joining in with 3m may appear like a good decision, but at the same time its showing that he kicked the rest of the guys who are not dealers (3m) to the side of the curb, I think it could create hostility cause those installers will not see any work from him ever again. guess 3m is taking food from our plate again, distribution? im not surprised. I give 3m credit for they're brand recognition as I intend no problems to anyone whatsoever, my concern is bidding against dealers and they're "dealers" actually being 3m themselves :lol . Big deal we all need to move on and nothing we can do about it, but it bothers me that you get some guy pushing his tools page, and pushing that nsgs? I dont know I cant abbreviate it, pushing and reminding us that 3m is a partner now. giving us all kinds of information about jobs and such when, most of us on here are not even 3m dealers to begin with, what gives? whats the point? why push it in our face since you only have select dealers acrross the country whom will actually get the job.

but it bothers me that you get some guy pushing his tools page, and pushing that nsgs? I dont know I cant abbreviate it, pushing and reminding us that 3m is a partner now. giving us all kinds of information about jobs and such when, most of us on here are not even 3m dealers to begin with, what gives? whats the point? why push it in our face since you only have select dealers acrross the country whom will actually get the job.

I am not pushing anything in your face. I made a post weeks ago about this alliance, and since that point have only discussed it when answering a direct question or adding a point of clarification regarding the alliance. I think that if you check the thread strings, you will find this to be the case. As far as Zola Distributing, I created that company to offer great prices and service to the industry. I am not trying to ram it down anyone's throats, but just let you know that it is available. Zola Distributing also donates a portion of all their profits to organizations that help grow the entire industry. This is hopefully going to benefit everyone in this industry in some way. As you may have noticed, one of the organizations that we decided to support with a portion of our profits is this forum. As I have stated before, I am trying to be an active and supportive member of this community. I want to see the entire industry grow, not just 3M dealers. I aligned with 3M as it made sense for NGSG to do so. That does not indicate that I am against anyone not using 3M. My contention has always been that, as an industry, we need to grow the pie by getting the word out and educating people about the benefits of window film. If we grow the pie, we all win. It does not have to be a zero-sum game. If I win, it does not have to mean that you lose or vice-versa. We can grow the pie and both win. It is called an abundance mentality and I believe in it completely. I truly want to see everyone on this forum crush it as that would indicate that the industry is vibrant and healthy. As always, I will try to be as transparent and honest with my answers as possible. If you have any additional questions, concerns or criticism, please let me know. :lol

Finally, do you really think I am responding to this at 4:30 AM my time just to promote my business and hawk tools to you? I am investing in this community and yes I happen to run two businesses. The fact that I run two businesses should not in any way detract from the fact that I truly want to see the whole industry succeed and am trying to do my part to help us get there.

Patric you can tell from my post I am not a 3m guy in any fashion or way but I am glad you are here on TD as you add to the forum with your motivation towards the industry. :rollin

cheers dude

Thanks Stan. :hmmm

I try to stay positive, but there is alot of whining going on. This is a business decision that Patric thinks is good for him and his. sounds like alot of his contacts are corporations that would not talk to the so called little guy anyway. Like Patric and 3M, you each need to find unique and creative ways to get yourselves in front of people that are not already on the window film radar.

Like my granpa use to say "Less gum flapping and more working"

PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE FIRST PARAGRAPH

3M and National Glass Service Group Form an Alliance

Dublin, OH – July 13, 2009 –

3M will concurrently pursue all national retail accounts exclusively through NGSG. This says it all "exclusively"

I have read the first paragraph many times over, and I still cannot see how anything said there will hurt the "little guy". Granted, if you are not a 3M dealer you will not benefit from this agreement, but the 3M dealers benefit nicely. I challenge you to find one dealer that has done work for National Glass Service Group since I have been here that would say that working with us was not a good deal for them. In fact, most always ask when I can send the next batch of work their way. This agreement is giving the 3M dealer network access to work that they would have never gotten on their own. Sok, if I bring a dealer a job that they would not have gotten that they make good money on, explain to me again how that is bad for the dealer? I have explained this at length, but I am willing to clarify more as it seems people still have an incorrect perception of what is happening.

Patric I admire what you are doing and I wish you a lot of luck. You are not the first nor the last. And as long as manufactures are willing to cut the throats of there small dealers this will persist. I dreamed of doing something like this 20 years ago. Unfortunately I could not put it together. But I have enjoyed working with national accounts as I am sure others have.

I see this as a slippery slope. What I mean is and you said "other manufactures were pursuing you" if this becomes an efficient and profitable venture, you can bet the other manufactures will be hot on this concept if they aren't already. Does anyone remember the question I asked a little while back about finding the pea. Maybe I wasn't clear and I admit I am a very poor writer. What I was trying to alert people to was the consolidation of installers into companies such as US FILM CREW and NGSG. All this concept is is a way to take control. If you have been reading your windowfilm magazine this concept was staring you right in the face. That being said, ya sure the little guy will survive on less and only at your discretion USFC / NGSG. Its only the beginning guys. Watch the "pea" very closely. Get my drift. Its a shell game for cryin out loud! A stategy to take your money!!!!!!!!!!!!

And buy the way I had this exact experience already. I had a run in with a national account and aegis and V KOOL back in 2001. An account totaling over 750 stores. Aegis proceeded to pull the rug out from under me and if that is what we are headed for? "little guy pack your bags" or get ready to work for the for mentioned. I know the game plan.

Patric I admire what you are doing and I wish you a lot of luck. You are not the first nor the last. And as long as manufactures are willing to cut the throats of there small dealers this will persist. I dreamed of doing something like this 20 years ago. Unfortunately I could not put it together. But I have enjoyed working with national accounts as I am sure others have.

I see this as a slippery slope. What I mean is and you said "other manufactures were pursuing you" if this becomes an efficient and profitable venture, you can bet the other manufactures will be hot on this concept if they aren't already. Does anyone remember the question I asked a little while back about finding the pea. Maybe I wasn't clear and I admit I am a very poor writer. What I was trying to alert people to was the consolidation of installers into companies such as US FILM CREW and NGSG. All this concept is is a way to take control. If you have been reading your windowfilm magazine this concept was staring you right in the face. That being said, ya sure the little guy will survive on less and only at your discretion USFC / NGSG. Its only the beginning guys. Watch the "pea" very closely. Get my drift. Its a shell game for cryin out loud! A stategy to take your money!!!!!!!!!!!!

And buy the way I had this exact experience already. I had a run in with a national account and aegis and V KOOL back in 2001. An account totaling over 750 stores. Aegis proceeded to pull the rug out from under me and if that is what we are headed for? "little guy pack your bags" or get ready to work for the for mentioned. I know the game plan.

While I respect your opinion and your skepticism because of what has happened in the past, I have no intention of squeezing the dealer out as installers that have worked for me can attest. The proof is in the pudding as they say, and the only way that I can prove this is to do right by installers over a period of time. I am prepared to do that and I just hope that there are some that will step up and admit that they were wrong about me and NGSG when that time comes.

Guest acetinter

If you make your custimers believe that 3m is a better product and choosing any thing else would be a bad Idea. Then you are attaching a negitive perspective to all other products and this doesnt grow the pie for every one it gives 3m a bigger fork. I know you would never intentionally try to hurt or go after anyones business but lets be honest, this would greatly benifit 3m and thats it. Yes, more industry awarness is grow the industry but with the big red stamp on it. and all that good citizen stuff about procceds has its motives. I think that sounds like a marketing stradigy. or just like a lot of advertizing campains you see. just a reason to bring up what your selling and attach a positive perspective to it. sounds like your just a good business man to me, not a savior to the industry.

we can all be friends, Its an honor to chat with you guys

Guest vclimber

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Personally, I look forward to competing against 3M & NGSG. I can easily take down most of their products in a technical presentation (If anyone cares to start a thread...???) and my business model has a tweak and is backed by a network that will surprise even Patrick and company. So bring it! I look forward to the battle. :lol2

-btw For the record 3M probably does more true lobbying for film in Gov't circles that the rest of the industry and put together. That I will give them and it does help the rest of us in a backwards kind of way believe it or not. :lol2

Archived