Interested in tinting

Guest Gixxer2k4

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mcpcola

I see it working out like this. You watch for three weeks if you make it that long and see how hard some of this stuff is and quit she makes 2K and that's about it. You would be better off just going to a junk yard and practicing cause you are not going to learn much just watching.

Observing for the first three weeks is a little silly to Me. There is nothing like hands on training. :lol2 . You don't learn squat by watching.

I agree with hands on training to learn, videos will only let you see how its done. I watched a tint video over, over and over and when I went to tint for the first time I was clueless what to do. :lol2

I think everyone giving you advice here is accurate. No way no how will you be qualified to tint anything after 2 weeks working as someones goffer. Maybe you will learn wich sise of the film is sticky, but as someone else said,there is nothing like hands on exp. By the way 2k is more than fair if this is the road you want to go down. As far as the sticky side crack, No kidding some films are wound opposite and if you get used to a certain mfr and use something you are not used to they may be different......COME ON ...EVERYONE ...has cut something out backwards..havent they?

Your better off going to work with Your buddy and being His B**ch as You said.......at least You will learn something. :lol2

its true. whatever you do you still have to put a good year in fulltime to pick the trade up even halfazz. so, looking back, I'd never pay 2k for training.

Guest Gixxer2k4

Definately hands on is the way to go, but if I have to wait a week or two before I can touch anything and also make sure its somethign I really want to do.

Guest mcpcola

You really really want to find out if this is what you want to do. Tell ya what get your hands on a four door car such as a Olds intrigue or similar laid out rear window. Then order one full roll of film in a 40 inch. Now find a nice garage with no ac and try to tint that puppy when its 90F or hotter outside. If when you are done you still are interested then and only then should you put the 2K down and I would make sure that its very clear that the 2K is to learn to One Piece Back Glass and cover hands on with the Pro on a multitude of different cars and suvs and trucks.

Archived