Erickson and ASWF

Guest pierre

Guest vclimber

Ok... looks like I might not get an answer to that one. :dunno

Narbeh, I read where Erickson is a 20mil per year MFG that moved to Nevada from California. Where were they previously located in CA?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Narbeh

The retail shop was set up to have pulse on the retail market, we would do our film tests and see what works and doesn't and we would use this information to better our products and services. The retail shop was never intended to take away any business from our customers and nor did we. The previous SunTek West office in Glendale office would actually refer most of the calls for installation to their own customers, you can find many customers who will testify to this. On jobs that the retail shop did the prices were at or above market levels, there was never an unfair price advantage. The retail shop was a small operation, the distribution operation is where our energy and efforts was and for that reason we grew large enough to open our own manufacturing facility.

On your questions about Erickson being a 20M company from CA, where did you read this? The fact is we were a 20+M distributor in CA and that's what helped us to get into the manufacturing side of things. Why are you asking for the address of the CA location when you wrote the address in your post? This was the old SunTek West and ASWF warehouse in Glendale (414 W. Chevy Chase) which is now the home of the ASWF distribution center in CA. We have never manufactured film in CA.

If anybody wants please call me at 702-853-4800 and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions. We have nothing to hide and we are operating very transparently.

Guest vclimber
The retail shop was set up to have pulse on the retail market, we would do our film tests and see what works and doesn't and we would use this information to better our products and services. The retail shop was never intended to take away any business from our customers and nor did we. The previous SunTek West office in Glendale office would actually refer most of the calls for installation to their own customers, you can find many customers who will testify to this. On jobs that the retail shop did the prices were at or above market levels, there was never an unfair price advantage. The retail shop was a small operation, the distribution operation is where our energy and efforts was and for that reason we grew large enough to open our own manufacturing facility.On your questions about Erickson being a 20M company from CA, where did you read this? The fact is we were a 20+M distributor in CA and that's what helped us to get into the manufacturing side of things. Why are you asking for the address of the CA location when you wrote the address in your post? This was the old SunTek West and ASWF warehouse in Glendale (414 W. Chevy Chase) which is now the home of the ASWF distribution center in CA. We have never manufactured film in CA. If anybody wants please call me at 702-853-4800 and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions. We have nothing to hide and we are operating very transparently.
Then MSNBC.com needs to get their facts straight. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33027875/ns/lo...s-las_vegas_nv/ "Erickson International is a window tinting manufacturer which, for the last 13 years, was based in California." The 20M comment is on one of your YouTube news feeds.
On your questions about Erickson being a 20M company from CA, where did you read this? The fact is we were a 20+M distributor in CA and that's what helped us to get into the manufacturing side of things. Why are you asking for the address of the CA location when you wrote the address in your post? This was the old SunTek West and ASWF warehouse in Glendale (414 W. Chevy Chase) which is now the home of the ASWF distribution center in CA.
I'm not trying to make a big issue of things. I just kept reading posts by your and your colleagues and comparing them to what is on the internet... things just don't add up. Here is an example below. If the Tint Studio was a small "test operation" then why didn't the warehouse say "Erickson Dist" or "Cartel Dist" or "SunTek?" :woowoo You said the retail operation was sold and now your are saying it is your CA distributor. They both have the same address, same people still seem to be involved. Am I missing something? I'd call but that doesn't benefit the community here. If you guys would have started out telling the truth then I don't think you would get this kind of speculation. View Larger Map

The retail shop was set up to have pulse on the retail market, we would do our film tests and see what works and doesn't and we would use this information to better our products and services. The retail shop was never intended to take away any business from our customers and nor did we. The previous SunTek West office in Glendale office would actually refer most of the calls for installation to their own customers, you can find many customers who will testify to this. On jobs that the retail shop did the prices were at or above market levels, there was never an unfair price advantage. The retail shop was a small operation, the distribution operation is where our energy and efforts was and for that reason we grew large enough to open our own manufacturing facility.

On your questions about Erickson being a 20M company from CA, where did you read this? The fact is we were a 20+M distributor in CA and that's what helped us to get into the manufacturing side of things. Why are you asking for the address of the CA location when you wrote the address in your post? This was the old SunTek West and ASWF warehouse in Glendale (414 W. Chevy Chase) which is now the home of the ASWF distribution center in CA. We have never manufactured film in CA. If anybody wants please call me at 702-853-4800 and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions. We have nothing to hide and we are operating very transparently.

Then MSNBC.com needs to get their facts straight. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33027875/ns/lo...s-las_vegas_nv/

"Erickson International is a window tinting manufacturer which, for the last 13 years, was based in California."

The 20M comment is on one of your YouTube news feeds.

On your questions about Erickson being a 20M company from CA, where did you read this? The fact is we were a 20+M distributor in CA and that's what helped us to get into the manufacturing side of things. Why are you asking for the address of the CA location when you wrote the address in your post? This was the old SunTek West and ASWF warehouse in Glendale (414 W. Chevy Chase) which is now the home of the ASWF distribution center in CA.

I'm not trying to make a big issue of things. I just kept reading posts by your and your colleagues and comparing them to what is on the internet... things just don't add up. Here is an example below. If the Tint Studio was a small "test operation" then why didn't the warehouse say "Erickson Dist" or "Cartel Dist" or "SunTek?" :woowoo

You said the retail operation was sold and now your are saying it is your CA distributor. They both have the same address, same people still seem to be involved. Am I missing something?

I'd call but that doesn't benefit the community here. If you guys would have started out telling the truth then I don't think you would get this kind of speculation.

<iframe width="425" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=12,184.74,,0,2.79&cbll=34.133481,-118.261469&v=1&panoid=nsyI-Gk2v_ruzTumk1kAEA&gl=&hl=en"></iframe>

<small><a id="cbembedlink" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?cbp=12,184.74,,0,2.79&cbll=34.133481,-118.261469&ll=34.133481,-118.261469&layer=c" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

V. If I ever need a private investigator Im callin you. Where the he** did you come up with that. Im sure this guy is sayin the same thing.....BUSTED !

Guest vclimber
V. If I ever need a private investigator Im callin you. Where the he** did you come up with that. Im sure this guy is sayin the same thing.....BUSTED !

I tried to get some information about ASWF way back and they never responded so one day when I was doing a bid down the street I took a drive over to the "warehouse" and this was the place.

Guest Narbeh

Tint Studio was never a secret. Put it this way, don't you think that the same people who are bright enough to put together the largest independant distributorship and now a manufacturing plant would at least be smart enough to open the retail shop in a different location if they were up to something? How easy is it to open a shop in a different location? Not difficult at all, you think we are that dumb? The fact is that at the Glendale warehouse they have hundreds of customers buying window film and they are all aware of the retail shop in the back and nobody has accused them of taking their jobs away. What more can I say? What am I hiding?

Tint Studio was never a secret. Put it this way, don't you think that the same people who are bright enough to put together the largest independant distributorship and now a manufacturing plant would at least be smart enough to open the retail shop in a different location if they were up to something? How easy is it to open a shop in a different location? Not difficult at all, you think we are that dumb? The fact is that at the Glendale warehouse they have hundreds of customers buying window film and they are all aware of the retail shop in the back and nobody has accused them of taking their jobs away. What more can I say? What am I hiding?

So Your team HAVE NO local installation? That's truth?

And some more questions:

Who will sell SUnTek in Russia?

Valleytint = Alex?

Guest vclimber

You are right, TTS is no secret. I've known of it for some time mainly because I have competed against them for work. Pierre owned it, held the contractors license, and was exempt from worker's comp because it was listed as a sole owner company. He also happened to own a distributorship and by all accounts it has been a very successful one. I am personally suspicious of that type of arrangement for obvious reasons and I am trying not to do business with companies that are my suppliers and also happen to compete against me. So I typically ask what a supplier's business model is... I think it is prudent. :chick

I am not accusing you or your organization of being dumb. Your reasoning on whether your customers actually cared or not would probably be due to their own awareness or lack thereof of the long standing situation of MFG's and Dist's competing for the same customers. It is only going to affect a certain percentage of retailers that market in the same regions or to the same customer base. An automotive customer up in Sacramento really isn't going to have a problem with TTS nor will they ask questions about it. A flat glass company that markets large commercial in the greater LA area may have an issue.

It is not what you may be hiding, it is what has been said on these boards, the way it got started, and what public information is available. In my observation they do not add up so I ask questions. If you are going to market your company and products here on a chat board, I would think that it would stand to reason that the people you are trying to market too would ask questions. Wouldn't you?

For instance, in the YouTube videos Erickson Intl gives the impression that it has been manufacturing film for the last 13 yrs or so in CA. You said no, ASWF was made by CLC and distributed out of your warehouse in CA. See the discrepancy here? You guys threw up the topic, it kind of doesn't make sense, so it raises questions. No one is accusing you of anything, or at least I am not. :fdup

Archived