57 Chevy Bel Air

Guest tintisaiah

Guest tintisaiah

I have been tinting for 15 years and have never encountered a 57 Chevy rear window until today, does any one have any advice on attempting this feat? prefer someone who has actually done one.(window is in the car)

I have done two total and they were NOT in the car.

If in the car good luck.... Try to cut slightly over size and tack the middle across with the film slightly above the bottom. Shrink that part out then move the film down to allow for the slack at the top....if you do this right you should end up with the film pretty close to a perfect shrink. Cut is slightly bigger and trim the excess inside.....

I would make them have the glass pulled on that one though....

we had one of these in the shop recently I personally couldnt do the window in place. a couple of us attempted it several times. setup and shrink like liildetails says when you cut it out after the shrink cut it super short on both sides. the glass must be thick and the film will cover east and west much more then youd expect. our other guy got it covered but the glass was orig and pretty beat up. the guy ended up coming back with a new glass and we did it out, came out good.

dont cut it big side to side. only cut it big tall wise. if you have a long scrap cut it on the inside and line that up with your film on the peeler. make sure you use guide marks and that should give you an idea about how much to trim or recut. its not that bad

I prefer them out for a near perfect job. and these customers usually want it perfect. only did one in, put flames down the side too HAHA

Archived