Avoiding tint VLT inspection

kats2112

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had people try that here, but the wife won't have it....

People with windows that won't pass usually know they are too dark and may think they are getting over on the system by trying it.

But, we could lose our inspection license and get fined, so she will send them down the street.

She will not pass my truck when it comes time for inspection because mine meters in the 20's... :inot So, I just strip it and re-tint the front once a year.... :dunno

The only thing that has changed is the way inspections are done. The law has been 25% for many years. Inspection procedure has been 20% for many years. Even though someone could pass inspection with a NET 20% still means the film is illegal. They simply changed the inspection procedure to keep that from happening, making it 25% pass/fail limit.

I also see them taking the exemption away from vehicles 1988 or later for window screening. Ive gotten too many calls from people wanting 5% on their windows on an 85 Silverado. Its still illegal per Texas State law, but not an inspectable item b/c of the vehicles age. People want to argue about it...but isofacto, Im right. Just yesterday I had a guy that wanted 20% on his two fronts b/c he was an inspector and 20% is legal. All I wanted to do was kick the guy in the balls. I had to explain over and over again why it is NOT legal.

The point I am making, is nothing has changed within the law...so if you have customers that passed last year and are failing this year, you have installed illegal window film b/c the law hasnt changed.

Archived