Avoiding tint VLT inspection

kats2112

Ok. Here's the thing.

Many states (I can speak for Texas) have standards for measuring tint darkness during

state inspections.

So they HAVE to check the tint on the front (maybe even back) doors, right?

It's the rule.

Guess what! There is NO RULE stating that the windows have to function.

If the windows are down, and incapable of going up, there is nothing to check.

Heck, it would pass with no side windows!

Once again (in Tx anyway) the windows don't HAVE to operate.

I have heard of this "loophole" actually working more than once, and

an inspection guy that I asked about this had no argument against this tactic.

I'm not sayin it's ok, but jackin' around with the rules ain't ok either. I'm just sayin'! :drevil

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are correct Kats. However, if its a power window, and it wont go up, they will check the fuse. If its missing, they will put one in to make the window functional. If it doesnt work, so be it.

just unplug it in the panel...are they going to take the time to check and take the panel off. :nope

Exactly! They don't get paid to troubleshoot. They inspect the APPLICABLE portions of to pass or not.

You already get a pretty darn good allowance for how dark you can go in both FL and TX why get cute?

The recent change in inspection procedure will make alot of cars that passed last year fail this year.

Sure I'll charge to redo some, but I'm just sharin' the knowledge!

Awww and I haven't been called cute since I was , well, cute! :lol

You already get a pretty darn good allowance for how dark you can go in both FL and TX why get cute?

Awww and I haven't been called cute since I was , well, cute! :lol2

:nope Notice he didn't call you cute...he asked you why you should GET cute! :lol:lol2

The recent change in inspection procedure will make alot of cars that passed last year fail this year.

:lol I have one coming in Friday to re do that metered 23% the meter instructions clearly state it is accurate within 2% this should not have failed they should have left the 2% margin,that's like getting a ticket for going 37 in a 35 :lol I can see the problems ahead custumers will be mad at you if you cahrge to redo it but if you fix it for free you will go broke :nono

Archived