94 CUTLASS SUPREME

Guest FastBackJack

I tried it today, when I was lifting and pulling I couldnt get the film to lay down uniformly, I got the whole thing down but the areas that I didnt get down good gave me problems, I rewet the film and tried to heat over the pockets... I creased it in a couple spots and said f-it :thumb I can see how it can work but I just need practice, for me I only see that method being used on hard ass back glass`s, I am perfectly happy with other forms of dry shrinking

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FastBackJack

Ya know I tried that the other day. I messed with it for about 1/2 an hour. I couldnt seem to make work too well. :thumb I refered back to that thread about it, trying to see what he was doing, but I still had probs. But thats how it was when dry first came around. I picked that up pretty quick. This lift and pull stuff though, I JES DOE KNOW!!!

Tint On!!!

Guest Film Maverick

Seems like we heard that Protint was doing that with Mr. Window? in San Diego. We could ask him what they call it or let Protint name it :thumb

have you tried the wet lift, pull, feed shrink? (I still dont know what the hell to call it

the last few times I've tried it, I've been doing the baby powder thing, and I used it at the top of a new 2 door stratus, ALLLLMOST burned the film (I know, it needs to be wet under) but it got me through....I stll need to practice it tho...as for the 4 door saturns, I know you guys don't like drier sheets, but they are the shiznit for the saturn back glass, just put the horizontal of your H anchor, just below the dots and it's a fairly easy shrink, remove back deck to make install a breeze. (p.s. I own my 3rd old ass busted tired wrap back window saturn, I love these cars) just my opinion.

Guest FastBackJack

I stick with good ole wet molding. I find that doing it wet is just faster and more precise. The only time I will dry mold is when I have a Beetle. :cool

ok TD, then do it yoooouuurr way :cool in my experiences with those cars, a dryer sheet type of shrink works best (for me) if fabric sizer works the same or very similar, then it should work as well.

Archived