94 CUTLASS SUPREME

Guest FastBackJack

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope to never see another one but my price sheet says $100 extra just for that backglass. Problem I had was the thickness of glass made for a different curve on inside....had the film laid out on the outside but couldn't get it on inside. worked for 4 hours and ended up with a screwed up piece job that the customer liked...wouldn't leave one like that today thought...that was 7 years ago.

I did do a saturn in one way back with midnight film....took some heating on the glass to get the tops to lay down, but it worked out....

some cars just were not made to be tinted IMO

Guest james tinter
Well, I was one of the lucky ones!! Actually had a damn Cutlass come in. When I made the appointment, I was like yeah right, that guy will never come in, not for that much! Much to my dismay, he showed up, right at 9:30am. :confused But in the end, it turned out great. Second one I have ever had to do. First one....well, lets not talk about it. But I one pieced this one and got the matrix all down. Of course the customer didnt appreciate it, but I felt good. :ohcrap

TINT ON!!!

give me your number so I can ask you more about that car or call me 505 838 6243

GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER SO I CAN ASK MORE ABOUT THAT CUTLASS OR CALL ME 505 838 6243

Guest Key West

I get to do an old satrurn 4 door tomorrow, an tips?

Easiest way to do that car is one peece! :lol2

Dayum!..I hope this advice didn't come too late for ya Ric :lol

Really! Get most of the fingers on the curved sides, that's where you'll be doing the most work. Take it slow, and it will go down. You'll probably need to use some heat on the lower corners(sides) after you put it in, but after you get it, you'll be slappin' yer forehead, sayin' "Dayummit, Man!! :beer "

You can Doo It! :beer You da MANG!! :lol

:thumb:cry:lol2

:lol2 I tried twice. :nope No defroster and I couldn't heat and squeegee at the same time...and finally gave up and tried to piece it twice. Gave up again. This time I did it vertically. I put one big piece in the middle 55 inches wide and two on each end where the curve is. (like a corvette with defroster lines verticle would be done) It looks alright but it still makes me mad. I already warned him and he said just do what you gotta do. :lol

The main problem with these is that the exess is not on the bottom so bad... it's in the middle. Each time I did one piece it shrunk perfectly and laid down great on the outside. Then once I installed it wanted to roll back in those corners.

'93 4 door This thing is like brand new. :lol Looks like my moms car it's so clean.

Use the torch, Luke. You're in Texas, I learned about using a blowtorch in Lubbock. Yes it will roll back at the lower corners, but a judicious application of heat with a torch, a little patiece, and it will lay just fine :beer:lol2

Archived