3rd brake light?

Guest ridiculous

Guest ridiculous

i know the laws in my state all but the one regarding cutting out for the third brake light.

where can one find info on this?

just wondering if there was such a place or if i have to try and call the state troopers office again? the last time i called them regarding a tint law, he said "duhhhh, i don't know, i'll call ya back" and i never heard from them. so that leads me to believe that the state troopers don't really give a hoot. :twocents

Guest ridiculous

i agree TG. it looks a lot better when tinted over it!

but what led me to wonder this is, i've been noticing a lot of the tint jobs in my area are cut out for the light. so are the following the law or are they taking the easy way out??? :twocents

Guest Darknesswithin

we are not supposed to cover them down here in Fl.... I use to cover them but not any more I'm a 100% state compliant installer..

YES I agree it looks better than cut out!! But if your going to ignore one part of the law you might as well ignore all the other ones :thumb

Guest Darknesswithin

Yes thats right,, it falls under FED DOT regulations... I'm fighting a head cold right now and I can't seem to keep my head up enough to look this up,, BUT I will as soon as I can concentrate..

I thought the law was that you had to have 2 working brake lights on your car or it would be considered faulty equipment. I thought that the 3rd brakelight was considered like a bonus light if you will and not necessary. There are plenty of vehicles born without a third brakelight. Either way, I cover them all. I hate hate hate when a brakelight is cut out. And I have never even heard of anyone having a legal problem with it in 13 years of doing this.

Archived