3rd brake light?

Guest ridiculous

Guest theTintingIndustry_icon

I always say the general rule is that, if it doesn't pass inspection, then its obviously illegal. And around my way, the inspection places are real sticklers on any light modifications.

And I know your not in Maryland, but every now and then, we do have people come in with repair orders because they got pulled over at night because their 3rd brake light was noticeably tinted.

Guest theTintingIndustry_icon
wonder if you can get a ticket for having your third brake light out.?

Yup, at least in Baltimore. One of my friends got a repair order for his third brake light and rear license plate light being out on a '99 2dr. civic coupe (originally pulled over for speeding). I don't even know how the cop noticed that there even was a 3rd brake light, because he got pulled over at night.

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

I live in Maryland. I got pulled over a few weeks ago for not having a 3rd brake light. I have a 2000 Crown Vic and I took it out and re-covered the rear deck (i was going to start customizing the car when I first got it, but I got over that). I hadn't thought about it since 2005, but he said I needed to have one there. Needless to say, i havent fixed it yet. Also, we have had a few cars come to our shop that we had to manually cut out a section for 3rd brake lights that have been covered by tint (not our jobs). So, I just instinctively cut just about every one out (I still take most of them out because I cut much lower than the light itself). I'm not short-cutting the job, it's what has to be done

Archived