Liability on illegal window tint

Guest afiaaron

Guest afiaaron

Just getting into the business. Have had customers asking me to tint there windows the darkest i can tint them. Im located in Missouri and the darkest we can tint the driver and passenger are 35%. Is tinting these windows darker going to get me in trouble? And what is the liability on this?

Guest afiaaron

Reason im asking is because ive been noticing a lot of illegal window tint coming out of tint shops not far from my shop. I didnt know if its just the "norm" to do illegal tint as well as legal tint?

Yes you can get in trouble. If you are physically caught, or there is proof you tinted it, I.E. receipt, window sticker ect., then you are liable. Each state is different in the penalty I believe. I am privey to the florida laws due to thats where i owned my shop.

Reason im asking is because ive been noticing a lot of illegal window tint coming out of tint shops not far from my shop. I didnt know if its just the "norm" to do illegal tint as well as legal tint?

ok the best way i know how to deal with these customers is by straightup asking them ( Do you have any drugs you can sell me i'm looking for some pills and maybe some weed).

Ok they might look at you like you are crasy, but didn't they just basiclly ask you for the same thing, to sell them something illegaly.

Now ask yourself would you open a business to sell illegal stuff out of. i think not.

Now weather or not you tint windows for someone illegally is up to you, Personaily if they want their windows dark i will only show them how to put it on and sell them the film precut, but i don't tint windows ilegally. :lol

I heard of a shop in MO that tinted darker. The customer hit someone and killed them. The shop got hit with a multi-million dollar lawsuit and is no longer in business! Civil liability is a real bear let alone the criminal side....

Guest afiaaron

it funny you say that because i most times im out and around the tint shops in my area, most if not every car i see in there lots are illegal. im just curious how these shops are getting away with it?

it funny you say that because i most times im out and around the tint shops in my area, most if not every car i see in there lots are illegal. im just curious how these shops are getting away with it?

You either do illegal work, or you don't, you can't justify and reference it in to being legal. The work either is or isn't.