Anyone using Tintventory?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't really speak on behalf of the weight method, but I can say I have several dealers who use the program and like it a lot. One of my dealers is the inventor/owner of the program. Its designed to be more beneficial to the big dogs. If you have several flat installers or auto for that matter who have access to the inventory its very helpful for tracking and inventory purposes. I probably wouldn't use it as a one man show but if you have a crew going in and out of the warehouse a program like this that measures film and allows you to track inventory is very important, whether its this one or not.

If you are a one man show, you don't have enough inventory to justify using it.

We have been known to have 80 partial rolls in the warehouse during peak season. At a glance, we know exactly what is in stock from any of our networked computers.

With the adjustments I made, it is accurate within three feet.

Yes, it is worth the investment to keep track of inventory.

If you are a one man show, you don't have enough inventory to justify using it.

We have been known to have 80 partial rolls in the warehouse during peak season. At a glance, we know exactly what is in stock from any of our networked computers.

With the adjustments I made, it is accurate within three feet.

Yes, it is worth the investment to keep track of inventory.

Sounds like it would work if it calibrates correctly for different manufactures. :beer Is there a cost effective way to match jobs directly with weights? The website doesn't go into details but does say they can but not any many details...... might call um about replacing that video

When you check out film, it will ask you for the job. And it will ask you the same thing when you check it back in. It will calculate usage cost, and value of what you have in stock. You can also set it up to automatically order film when your stock is low.

You can also set it up for each employee to log in. This is a way to track how much film they are wasting as well.

If only a company would have an Iphone app (tells you what size and length you need to complete a job), a metered liner (marked every 2 feet with what is left on the roll), a chart on the end of the box (if you want to use it for date and whats left on roll) and a measuring tape on the edge of the box for setting blade to slit down ...and top it off with a quality product .... wouldn't that be sweet :pooping .... oh, that would be Hanitatek (shamless plug ;) ) and Larry is correct, This was designed for the shop that has mutiple installers or subs their large jobs. In fact I remember discussing this system years before it was invented with the inventor/ designer (I was living on his couch ... nasty divorce... thats another story) ...the system works very well for large commercial/residential companys

Archived