VA state tint LAW

KonSiva

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
02/02/11 Senate: Referred to Committee on Transportation

This is the latest status that I am aware of. It can be shelved from here or sent out for a senate vote.

Thx Bullseye, I found the last conversations we all had about the VA law...

This customer is nuts, lol he wants me to go to VA from WA to do the tint and clear bra.... on the New Lexus he just got, aaaaa i wonder what i'm going to do... and yes he is paying for the air fare...

This is the latest status that I am aware of. It can be shelved from here or sent out for a senate vote.

Who needs to be contacted to generate support? It will be shelved if valid points are not presented - as in every bordering state VA shares has a 35% on the books, VA gains more tax revenues from the product produced than any other state due to Performance, Commonwealth and Dupont Tejiin having their locations in VA not to mention the related jobs....

Thx Bullseye, I found the last conversations we all had about the VA law...

This customer is nuts, lol he wants me to go to VA from WA to do the tint and clear bra.... on the New Lexus he just got, aaaaa i wonder what i'm going to do... and yes he is paying for the air fare...

Always people out there with more $ than sense!

2011 SESSION

Senate Transportation

MEMBERSHIP

Miller, Y.B. (Chairman), Houck, Marsh, Newman, Watkins, Puckett, Wagner, Blevins, Deeds, McDougle, Ticer, Smith, Miller, J.C., Marsden, McWaters

These are all the senators on the Senate Transportation Committee. Its in their hands now.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?111+com+S11

If you pull this page up you can click on each senator for their contact information.

Guest vingert88

I think that you should go! It could be a very interesting trip, and perhaps you can make some new friends! :coffee

I just got off the phone with one of my sales reps , and what he told me is that the committee is reviewing the amendment to change the law. There is a lot of opposition from police organizations , but what is on our side is that the bill was proposed by a retired state police officer, and that all 3 bordering states have a 35% tint law. I am still hopeful that we will get this change in the law, but I am not holding my breath just yet. I was reading on another forum, and a consumer said it best, the other states have police, the other states are 35% states , and if the gun issue is the concern , then maybe Virginia should tighten up their gun laws . I am sure the NRA would hate that. LOL

HB 1728 Vehicle window tinting films; not to be applied to certain windows reducing light to less than 35%.

02/17/11 Senate: Passed by indefinitely in Transportation with letter (15-Y 0-N)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAS--Miller, Y.B., Houck, Marsh, Newman, Watkins, Puckett, Wagner, Blevins, Deeds, McDougle, Ticer, Smith, Miller, J.C., Marsden, McWaters--15.

NAYS--0.

This is the latest off the Va legislature site. I hope it's not too late.

Archived