When to Throw Away Squeegee?

So as of recently, I noticed my yellow turbos don't seem to be cutting it anymore, they work but I find that I am getting little pockets of moisture bubbles left behind, immediately after tinting a window no matter how hard I push.

I never have this issue on a BG using the blue max, but I am curious what you guys are using to squeegee out roll ups, I like the blue max but for the small windows I do, I prefer something a little smaller .

Should I get a new yellow turbo or try something else?

i really don't even use a yellow turbo that much anymore. Maybe for a quarter glass here and there I do sometimes use them for cleaning the outside of windows before i cut my film. I use my blue max for dang near every window i can get with it. Small window I usually just hard card twice with my grey card. :thumb

But as to what you are asking once a turbo squeegee starts leaving little rubber streaks when cleaning. Toss it. You should probably buy an 18 inch turbo and just make small one's.

I cut down a blue max to tack side glasses, but use a blue max in an unger handle for the final on all windows that are large enough.

Now, I will sharpen the blue max a few times before tossing it in the pile for cutting down. I find that I am sharpening them every couple weeks as I like them to have a great edge...and I don't like to leave water behind...

They do make a slightly harder turbo that is red in color. If getting the water out is a matter of pressure, I would say go to a firmer squeegee. However, once they are knicked I agree with the others that they are basically useless.

Archived