"I" "I" Capt'n tackdown

tried this yesterday on an 07 impala :blink:

I'm sure with alittle practice I'd get smooth at it. Does it work well on the really curvy BG's as well :lol

I'm not sure th learning curve since I've been doing that way for yrs so can't really remember.. I wouldn't think to long at all. In regards to really curved glass, the answer is yes, that's where you find it THE most beneficial, when you think about it, the logic is there... dry shrink is more workable than wet shrink, therfore less areas on a bg that has moisture, that's more area that now has dry soap(or powder depending on your method of choice), therefore more "user friendly" shrinkable film per square inch on a bg. afterall the whole idea of tacking down film is strictly to stop it from sliding off the bg :blink:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ridiculous
tried this yesterday on an 07 impala :beer

I'm sure with alittle practice I'd get smooth at it. Does it work well on the really curvy BG's as well :spit

I'm not sure th learning curve since I've been doing that way for yrs so can't really remember.. I wouldn't think to long at all. In regards to really curved glass, the answer is yes, that's where you find it THE most beneficial, when you think about it, the logic is there... dry shrink is more workable than wet shrink, therfore less areas on a bg that has moisture, that's more area that now has dry soap(or powder depending on your method of choice), therefore more "user friendly" shrinkable film per square inch on a bg. afterall the whole idea of tacking down film is strictly to stop it from sliding off the bg :lol6

makes sense man! i'm gonna try it next time!! :krazy

Tried it today, while a little different it worked out well :boogie Seem to have bigger fingers but it definately floats more freely...

If the fingers were bigger, they weren't proportioned well before anchoring. Tack one side, then pull and shift till fingers are of equal proportion of equality on top , bottom , left, right of bg, then tack down opposite side. :cool

of course I am the odd ball with the "double H" pattern. The vertical middle is normally going to lay down flat anyway and I found that if it is not tacked down then the film will pull over while shrinking. That was true when I shrank the "normal" way and even more since I began the "over/under" gun trick....

I can guarantee that my film has very little stress on it. Wish Stan would post pics of the film we did on his Nissan Versa back glass in Saint Louis....

After trying your method sporatically here and there when the mood struck me... I finally nailed it about a week ago on a car. It laid down beautiful inside after, it was great. I was using too much heat under before, so I tried a hair dryer on low under, worked great for me.

Do you use this method on really tricky back windows? Or only on relatively simple windows? Just curious about it all. I had tried it on less curved windows before this one, but I was just misreading the film now that I think back. I always thought yours was a cool idea, it just looks so simple and stress free (both for you and the film).

use it on all the windows that come my way. Bug would be the only exception.

Archived