ex 3M dealer still a fan

I was a loyal 3M dealer for years and when some people are negetive about 3M I just thought they had sour grapes.

I did well with 3M or so I thought, but then after getting to know them I didn't like some of thier business practices and I started offering other films, it was the silver lining in the cloud.

Once I started giving other options I realized all of the business I had been losing because I was priced out of the market with 3M. It out weighed what I did sell because of the 3M name. Most people didn't care what brand I sold, they bought because of my reputation. I am still using a name brand quality film but for about half the cost of 3M. I get better service and feel like they value my business.

I now hear they are having another large price increase. Not sure why they are so proud of themselves or thier product. But my business has tripled in the last 3 months since I quit using 3M.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most people didn't care what brand I sold, they bought because of my reputation.

:bingo

No matter which side of the 3M fence that you are on, there is no doubt that the 3M name gets you in doors that no other window film brand does. I think that I have a fairly good reputation not only in this industry, but in the business community in general. That being said, I have been invited into offices and meetings that I know were a result of my affiliation with 3M. That is not t say anything negative about any other manufacturer or their product. I am just saying that the 3M name does bring credibility on the street. :D

well the way it seems to me is that because I won't drop my other films and use strickly 3M product's. My sale's rep hasn't even bothered to call me back and finish setting up my account.

I have even since bid a job requiring 3M film, so what do I do if I am awarded this job and can't get 3M film?

I may be a small shop by 3M standard's, but if they want me to try to sell their product. I need to see some help from their end as well. :D

well the way it seems to me is that because I won't drop my other films and use strickly 3M product's. My sale's rep hasn't even bothered to call me back and finish setting up my account.

I have even since bid a job requiring 3M film, so what do I do if I am awarded this job and can't get 3M film?

I may be a small shop by 3M standard's, but if they want me to try to sell their product. I need to see some help from their end as well. :D

I would call your rep and get that straightened out. Poor or indifferent service are unacceptable in my opinion regardless of the brand.

I would call your rep and get that straightened out. Poor or indifferent service are unacceptable in my opinion regardless of the brand.

My sale's rep is ric caldwell and I have left him 3 voice mail's to call me back. Which it really doesn't matter to me. I have alot going rightnow anyway, and I can honestly say that in my area of the country. Not many people would pay the price I would have to charge to use 3M film anyway. I have enough trouble selling flat glass at price's you would probably jump at. :bingo

I may be a small shop by 3M standard's, but if they want me to try to sell their product. I need to see some help from their end as well. :money

My sale's rep is ric caldwell and I have left him 3 voice mail's to call me back. Which it really doesn't matter to me. I have alot going rightnow anyway, and I can honestly say that in my area of the country. Not many people would pay the price I would have to charge to use 3M film anyway. I have enough trouble selling flat glass at price's you would probably jump at. :cooldot

I am glad to know I wasn't the only one not getting responses and I was a dealer. They have changed the standards and allow you to offer other brands of film now and not strickly 3M

thats what I understood as well, so I wanted an account to be able to buy from them. I haven't heard from anyone in 2 weeks about my account info that I sent in. So If I get this job I hope I can get the film I need for the install. :money

I could probably but an eqaul film on it and be fine, but I would have to ok that from the company I would be subbing for.

Archived