ex 3M dealer still a fan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES! I do ask a consumer to look up this forum from time to time, to see what the pro's say about "X" product. I would certainly carry 3M if it was worth its weight in name alone, but I dont. Same reason why I cant sell solar screens...I just dont believe in it.

TintJunkie, Do you just sell window film.....?

BTW I just received a P.O for a $ 60.000.00 3M Ultra 400 job ............. :spit ........... :money ........... :boogie ............ :D

:D

Congrats !!! If you were able to upsell them to another manny,they would have been able to see out of the film with no distortion AND yo would have had a better net. :lol2 I'm just bustin your chops, nice sell.

Guest Retnitorp
How big is your crew Mike?

What is the situation? I hope there isn't a bunch of office furniture to work around.

3 installers, the film selected is because of children and parents " safety reasons ", not a lot of stuff to work around.

I will post pics of this job and a pic of all the film when it comes in, just in case anyone thinks i am full of BS about this job........ :DD

Guest Retnitorp
How big is your crew Mike?

What is the situation? I hope there isn't a bunch of office furniture to work around.

3 installers, the film selected is because of children and parents " safety reasons ", not a lot of stuff to work around.

I will post pics of this job and a pic of all the film when it comes in, just in case anyone thinks I am full of BS about this job........ :DD

you know what would be really cool... a pic of you installing some of the film :thumb

I have a few pic's of me installing film that were used for advertising in magazine's, if you are that interested in seeing a pic of me tinting a window.. :lol

I have a few pic's of me installing film that were used for advertising in magazine's

Yeah...I have seen pics like that b4...you can always tell that the dude in the pic is not a real installer.... :lol

:thumb Just messin with ya Mike...there is no question in my mind you have been thru your fair share of miles of film. :DD

YES! I do ask a consumer to look up this forum from time to time, to see what the pro's say about "X" product. I would certainly carry 3M if it was worth its weight in name alone, but I dont. Same reason why I cant sell solar screens...I just dont believe in it.

TintJunkie, Do you just sell window film.....?

BTW I just received a P.O for a $ 60.000.00 3M Ultra 400 job ............. :DD ........... :lol ........... :thumb ............ :D

No, we also do roller shades, and vinyl. Im impressed on the sale of course. Hope they arent dissapointed by the distortion. I never said 3M cant get you in the door. For whatever reason, 3M is spec'd for many projects. All it takes is a comparison with another film to change someones mind...

I havent been in biz long enough to consider myself a great salesman, I am mediocre at best. Fortunately, for the typical resi customer, I rarely lose against 3M. Maybe a hard core 3M dealer will never admit the mis-information 3M puts out........? I can certainly criticize the films I carry. Madico is WAY too focused on photovoltaic(sp?). Its a shame. I find it difficult sometimes to compete. They are way behind the curve. It pains me to say I may start carrying Suntek architectual films.

As 3M looses more and more market share by the day, they either don't have much reguard for the future of their film products or someone has fallen asleep at the wheel. More than ever the customer has become better informed about the "blind" items they purchase and forums just like this one help consumers weed through tricky marketing BS. Maybe that has something to do with the ones seeing increased market share ?

Tom, I am not looking to get into a back and forth here, but your info is just incorrect. The actual facts are that 3M now sells more window film than anyone in the world. That does not include tape, vinyl, etc. That is just window film. They took over this #1 position from CPFilms based on the latest data. 3M is actually growing their market share in both North America and globally. I personally don't care what film you sell or what your feelings are about 3M. I am not trying to win you over to 3M in any way. I just wanted to clarify the facts as what you stated is wrong. Check with your manufacturer and ask. If they are truthful, they will have to admit that this is true as the data is out there for all the large companies.

As 3M looses more and more market share by the day,Tom how much of the window film market share has 3M lost ....? they either don't have much reguard for the future of their film products or someone has fallen asleep at the wheel. Why do you think this.....? More than ever the customer has become better informed about the "blind" items they purchase and forums just like this one help consumers weed through tricky marketing BS. Maybe that has something to do with the ones seeing increased market share ?

Im guessing you are a MMM dealer or the like, so if you have your reps ear ask him/her to share the national year over year #s for the last few.

I can only speak for the west coast as far as actual data. I do not feel comfortable sharing this data openly on the forum, but I can say that the growth was extremely large in 2010 and has been even larger thus far in 2011. Call me if you would like and I will speak with you off line. Again, not trying to start an argument, just trying to clarify some facts.

Guest Retnitorp
I have a few pic's of me installing film that were used for advertising in magazine's

Yeah...I have seen pics like that b4...you can always tell that the dude in the pic is not a real installer.... :lol

:thumb Just messin with ya Mike...there is no question in my mind you have been thru your fair share of miles of film. :DD

:D ....So true on what you are saying Slick " dude in the pic is not a real installer ", almost all of the FG pic's you see they have a top corner of film pulled away from the glass with one hand and a squeegee in the other hand getting ready to lay it back down........ :lol

Archived