No film maker gets it right

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Retnitorp
Even when you return a roll, you get the ho hum roll out parrot phrase "you are the only one :lol "

Devil

:lol ..............I have heard that "you are the only one " many times, when we notice a defect in the film and contact the manufacture and make them aware of it, we should get compensated $ for doing so for being their " Quality Control ".

Over the years I have seen just about every manny let film leave the plant with inherent flaws. It is a real pita when you get to the project and find out you have material that never should have been released by quality control. If you install the defective film, the manny will biach and say it never should have been installed...... No shiat...... How about it never should have been shipped ! There have been several times over the years when we are 100+ miles from the shop and had fu film, my stand is that it goes on and the manny has a warranty claim to deal with.

Over the years I have seen just about every manny let film leave the plant with inherent flaws. It is a real pita when you get to the project and find out you have material that never should have been released by quality control. If you install the defective film, the manny will biach and say it never should have been installed...... No shiat...... How about it never should have been shipped ! There have been several times over the years when we are 100+ miles from the shop and had fu film, my stand is that it goes on and the manny has a warranty claim to deal with.

Truthfully, this is the best way to get results. In the corporate world each department has funds, and when you process warranties that hits quality. If your rep just comps you a roll for an issue its not doing anything other than punishing sales for a poorly made product.

Also, with any ISO manufacturer they must have a set protocol for complaints and how they follow up on them. ALWAYS file a formal complaint. Too many just shrug off issues or hope the end user does not see it. If there were more complaints and warranties completed on legitimate issues you will see change faster. I know the paperwork can be cumbersome but this is the corporate world, we thrive on that stuff.

Very well said Tom.

My wife tells me regularly and brings me back to earth about my career..."how do you sell any of this shite when none of it lasts or is any good."

At least she is honest about the industry.......... but it pays the bills.

Guest Retnitorp
Truthfully, this is the best way to get results. In the corporate world each department has funds, and when you process warranties that hits quality. If your rep just comps you a roll for an issue its not doing anything other than punishing sales for a poorly made product.

Also, with any ISO manufacturer they must have a set protocol for complaints and how they follow up on them. ALWAYS file a formal complaint. Too many just shrug off issues or hope the end user does not see it. If there were more complaints and warranties completed on legitimate issues you will see change faster. I know the paperwork can be cumbersome but this is the corporate world, we thrive on that stuff.

Really, we are the end user of a product that we represent and sell and install for them, if we knowingly install a defective film you are saying that, If there were more complaints and warranties completed on legitimate issues you will see change faster, so what is that going to do make them eye phuck the film more before it goes out the door, not all issues are visual defects.

Perhaps they and you should consider the fact we are spending our time and money competing against other window film dealers offering similar film and as well as selling the same film we offer, it is not just the film we offer a potential customer that gets the job in most cases, it has to do with a lot more then that, like spending years building a company doing quality installs and gaining a reputation and trust with customers for doing so, a lot of my business comes from Repeat customers and referrals, so tell me again how installing defective film will make everything better for me...........?

Give me a free roll of nondefective film for my dealing with something that should not have too, at least i can make :lol with that............. :lol

This bissness is not the same as it was years ago and it is and will continue change, but thats another topic i am not going to discuss in this thread............ :bingo

Lately been having problems with 3M NV-15 and NV-25. I'm finding small spots where the color is missing from time to time. Most customers don't notice, but I do. Had a whole box of 60 inch NV-15 with a staight 1/8 inch line throughout the whole roll. 3m didn't even want the box back. They said to toss it. That tells me they are well aware of the problem.

I think they should look for new vendor now.

Guest Retnitorp

Really, we are the end user of a product that we represent and sell and install for them, if we knowingly install a defective film you are saying that, If there were more complaints and warranties completed on legitimate issues you will see change faster, so what is that going to do make them eye phuck the film more before it goes out the door, not all issues are visual defects.

Perhaps they and you should consider the fact we are spending our time and money competing against other window film dealers offering similar film and as well as selling the same film we offer, it is not just the film we offer a potential customer that gets the job in most cases, it has to do with a lot more then that, like spending years building a company doing quality installs and gaining a reputation and trust with customers for doing so, a lot of my business comes from Repeat customers and referrals, so tell me again how installing defective film will make everything better for me...........?

Give me a free roll of nondefective film for my dealing with something that should not have too, at least i can make :money with that............. :thumb

This bissness is not the same as it was years ago and it is and will continue change, but thats another topic i am not going to discuss in this thread............ :thumb

Limo Tint Larry, I would really like to hear your reply on this, you seem like a smart guy from some of the other posts i have read.

Archived