Caddy with ON-STar Annt.

Guest nautiboi73

Guest nautiboi73

how does eveyone handle the new caddys with the ON Star Anntena damn near in the middle of the rear glass. I don't like when I haveto cut around it, but I take a chance when I remove it and place it higher on the rear glass. I use 3M heavy duty double sided tape to put them back on and have only had to pay the dealership for one, the first on that I ever removed. how do yall hadle that car?

OK, these are on a few different types of cars..what I do is use a scraper on each side t oloosen it, then take a hard card , soap and saw it back and forth till it pops of with the "white patch still in tact.

do thesame to the inside box for the antenna.

tint as normal.

cut a square out where you want it to go back on, stick it on after the white part hada chance to dry"(use heatgun on low to dry it if you want...it will stick as thoughyou never took it off whe ndone right)

put a bit of silicone around the perimeter of the outside antenna to insure good bond :evileye

Guest nautiboi73

I do something like that but I prefer to put new tape on to ensure great bond after paying for the first anntena. I for get how much it was but either way I didn't enjoy cutting that check.

And I place it up in toward the top of window, where they won't notice I had to cut the film. like in the upper right corner. and the heat on the tape is a must.

you shouldn't see any cut in the film if your removing it completly then replacing it..the"square" cut out you make in the film is a slightly smaller square than the square of the antenna ( the antenna slightly overlaps the edge of the cut out..no edge to see this way no matter where the antenna is located) :evileye

Guest thetintshop

yep, I charge $20 for this process. they don't like it, they can take their POS caddy somewhere else. I'm being paid to tint their car, not fock around with old style cell antennaes. plus, those rolls of the good double sided adhesive aren't cheap.

I use a slammer to pry off the old antenea then I use a wire wheel to quickly remove the old tape from the antenea. I saw a post were a guy used dental floss like a rope saw that would be worth a try.

Any way there is a place out here that sells 'Relocation Kits' for cell phone antenea they cost a $1 the are basically 3M two face tape in the exact shape of the antenea they give you 2 per kit 1 outside one inside in the shape needed Find a place near you that sells car stereo supplies (wire and Kits) they should have it or call 631-588-0600 ask for Rob. he'll help you

Archived