tinter's are my biggest HEADACHE !!!

Guest abc40kids

Guest abc40kids

I've been in business for 25 years with tinting being part of my business for more than 15 years. We sell wheels, tires, lift kits, the list goes on .............. I do not tint myself, but as the owner I understand and know how to sell the film.We are a Suntek and Huper dealer and with two shops stay very busy all year! I pay my guys 35% and I am the most expensive guy in town. My installer usually does NOT have to sell the job, just install the film .............. needless to say they are my best paid employees and the hardest to keep happy! The problem I have is we only do a perfect job and we charge for it, finding a tinter that can get the job done has become near impossible! I have been looking for tinters for more than a year now and you wouldn't believe the people that walk in my office and say they can tint. I've had some really good installers over the years but they all seem to have serious issues that come along with them. We employee salesman, mechanics, no where near the drama as a tinter!!! They all have a better way to do it and many fall on their face trying to do it on there own. Any good tinter can make some quick cash in their garage or shop jumping but to be the one guy at a shop that turns out car after car every day and the tinter is making BIGG money....... sorry don't get it, we go to work to make money, I can't make you get along with all the tinters I employee! Just do your job and quit the crying!! sorry for the rant, just don't get it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abc40kids
We're a bunch of Divas..... :lol2

There's a lot of cocky tinters out there that don't have the talent to back it up.

All my guys can back it up( 5 tinters ) they all do great work! they all get paid very well! but always the one that has a problem with something. I've let some good ones go down the road because of their attitude and poison to the other tinters!

i know this wont be much help, but: your tinters would do a better job and be inclined to do their best if you knew how to tint better than them. this isnt always the case, but if my guys ever complain about a window and start crying i tell them to do it again. if they still F up, i rip it off and do it myself and tell them to watch. they are always like "WTF?" i just simply tell them to relook at the situation, calm dowm, and they can get it done just as good. my guys have all the tools to do every car. they just need confidence sometimes.

tell them to try it one more time

show them how to do it

reinforce that they can do it cuz they are good

but the majority of the guys out there just cant keep up

Guest VOLTRON

this type of attitude goes through out our industry and I too as a former business owner hated this as well. It is VERY hard to find a tinter that is a full package. They can tint very good, have a good attitude, show up on time everyday, and dont have a m*th or alcohol problem. They can talk to a customer and are presentable as well. It just rarely happens. Most of them think that this guy I work for cant make it without me kinda attitude and its aggervating to deal with. Just have to keep looking till you find a good one or train someone who has never tinted that has a good attitude that you think will fit the job. Good Luck!

Archived