what would be the best silver film

It looks like a monitor is going to be mounted below the desktop if I am reading that diagram correctly. You would probably want a setup where you have a 51%+ reflective film, high quality because it will be eyeballed all day... another thing you may want to consider doing is a layer of blackout behind the silver to cut out any light transmittance around the edges of the film. Just a thought, I once did a bunch of these and that techniques helped. A ps adhesive helps on the install too.

As for a good silver film? It looks like you've been in this business long enough to know who makes the good looking stuff and who does not. Call me or shoot me an email and I will be happy to chat with you about it. :spit

Yes there is a monitor mounted under the glass and the film will be cutout in that area, so the glass will be clear to see the monitor.

The reason I am asking what a good silver film for this application would be is, I figure that the glass would weigh around 100 lbs, If I use a PS adhesive film like P-18 I feel that the weight of the glass could distort the film over time, where the film rests on top of the desk, I have used LLumar R-20 CDF before in the past, however from what I have seen lately, I am no longer impressed with the clairity when dry veiwing from the CDF side of that film.

So I am wondering what other films that have a CDF adhesive around the same VLT that have excellent clarity when cured being viewed from the CDF side, that are available......?

I was leaning more towards a CDF when you mentioned optical clarity.

I'm obviously a little biased so I shouldn't really push a brand but I'd say just ask a few suppliers for a page sample and throw them on some glass next to each other. Its really the best option if you have the time to do so.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I remember rinsing the snot off of the film before I hung it. The smallest of windows took two guys to install it. One to hold the film, another to rinse the snot.

Even after that we'd have to mop up tons of the stuff from the sills after squeegeeing.

Even then, there would always be one little patch of goo left.

The stuff was garbage in my humble opinion.

yep i remember those days. sure am glad they're gone. :lol

It looks like a monitor is going to be mounted below the desktop if I am reading that diagram correctly. You would probably want a setup where you have a 51%+ reflective film, high quality because it will be eyeballed all day... another thing you may want to consider doing is a layer of blackout behind the silver to cut out any light transmittance around the edges of the film. Just a thought, I once did a bunch of these and that techniques helped. A ps adhesive helps on the install too.

As for a good silver film? It looks like you've been in this business long enough to know who makes the good looking stuff and who does not. Call me or shoot me an email and I will be happy to chat with you about it. :lol

Yes there is a monitor mounted under the glass and the film will be cutout in that area, so the glass will be clear to see the monitor.

The reason I am asking what a good silver film for this application would be is, I figure that the glass would weigh around 100 lbs, If I use a PS adhesive film like P-18 I feel that the weight of the glass could distort the film over time, where the film rests on top of the desk, I have used LLumar R-20 CDF before in the past, however from what I have seen lately, I am no longer impressed with the clairity when dry veiwing from the CDF side of that film.

So I am wondering what other films that have a CDF adhesive around the same VLT that have excellent clarity when cured being viewed from the CDF side, that are available......?

There used to be good ps versions but things change so much that what was once good is no longer as good. LTL had a good suggestion, start sampling some dry adhesive silvers. You may even want to look at some DR's?

Archived