Best Snowboard mtns.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's one reason i haven't gone in a couple years. the prices are ridiculous. to go up with my wife and kids is a $500 day easy. now i just send my daughter up whenever she gets invited with friends. and i'll probably start doing the same with my son soon if he wants. it's just too fuggin' expensive.

that's the other shiatty part....the gear. my kids seem to get bigger every year for some reason. which means new gear every year. my daughter is about 5'7" tall and she's been riding a 164 K2 for 2 years now just because that's what i had for her to ride. she should have been on something a bit shorter when she started riding it but she took to it like nothing. now she wants to try out my Diablo 186. :twocents

that's the other shiatty part....the gear. my kids seem to get bigger every year for some reason. which means new gear every year.

:lol Yeah with kids you might be better off with rentals. They grow so fast the wallet doesn't stand a chance of keeping up. I'm still using all the same crap I had when I was 18. Rentals are starting to look nice.

Another year and I'll get my son out on some skis, looking forward to it.

in our area we have ski swaps for a couple weekends and thats a great place to get good used equipment for cheap. Yep season passes start at 1700 bones, but the best deal (if you call it that) is $270 for a 5 time pass to any of the power four mtns (AJAX, Highlands, b-milk, and snowmass) I usually get out around 15-20 times a season and get a hook up on lift tix. Its nice living with in an hour and a half of 16 ski resorts!

:poke Snowmass overall best mtn to snowboard! Buttermilk came in 3rd! Now does this justify the ski company to charge over $100 a day for a lift ticket?

:nope Wow, I thought Buttermilk would have took it. they have a cool terrain park and that is where Winter X games are held.

that's one reason i haven't gone in a couple years. the prices are ridiculous. to go up with my wife and kids is a $500 day easy. now i just send my daughter up whenever she gets invited with friends. and i'll probably start doing the same with my son soon if he wants. it's just too fuggin' expensive.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Lift tickets at larger resorts are $85/day. Don't eat... you'll go broke. :lol2

Mt Rose not the biggest resort over here but $100. pass for kids and $379. full season for adults. 4-5 times up and you break even.

that's the other shiatty part....the gear. my kids seem to get bigger every year for some reason. which means new gear every year. my daughter is about 5'7" tall and she's been riding a 164 K2 for 2 years now just because that's what i had for her to ride. she should have been on something a bit shorter when she started riding it but she took to it like nothing. now she wants to try out my Diablo 186. :lol

Buy used for kids. Ski swaps, craig's list are good places to look. :cool

Anyone been up one Mt Hood here in Oregon?

Yep, Mt hood Meadows and Timberline. Summited and skied down 4 times over the years, love that place. :spit

I'm on Blizzard 192s..with ESS bindings... Love 'em. Very fast... and able to make sharp turns. (Straight skies - none of those 'shaped' skies that were/are all the rage. I'm old-school.

ESS? Haven't heard that brand mentioned forever... That is "Ol skool" :lol

Used to ski Blizzard way back. Nice boards! :idea

Archived