3m film

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, keep bitchin cry babies.

3M has a good, better and best just like every other manny and prices are equal if not better!

Your only crying cos you can't get it.

I bet you can't get F1, Enerlogic, HO, VKool etc?

I bet you bitched when your cheap ass manny raised their prices not so long ago?

I bet you bitch about how the shop down the road won the job over you?

I bet you bitch everyday that you had to lower your prices because all your competition who use the same cheap ass film as you keep under cutting each others price and so it goes back and forth!

It's you guys that are and have ruined this industry.

Good luck to you all and keep crying.

It just Makes us professionals more professional!

Cheers.

If only I was good enough to use 3M...

It would make me a professional... My prefered 3M distributor certificate really is nothing more than a piece of paper I guess...

Until I can use 3M, I will just keep crying.... :sad

Although, like Dev said.. The adhesive clumps at the top seal over time... So, I will just stick with products that work best for me... Even if that makes me an unprofessional cry baby. Maybe if I took them out of the box, and placed them in a 3M box I would stop my crying..

I am sure that 3M has a great name and offer great support, so I can see that it would work very well for all the installers that swear by it. You could keep it your little secret so that everyone doesn't come knocking on the 3M door, and then you will be just another 3M installer on the block.

I simply stated that I believe 3M could do better by talking with installers to ask how they could make the films more user friendly... And pointing to the fact that the same "cheap ass manny" that makes the products we use, makes products for 3M... Smoke and mirrors Gtint... :thumb

Is this bs or do they make their own film? 3m website on the f&a page saying

"Does 3M make window films?

Definitely! No one has more experience with window film than 3M. 3M was issued the very first patent on 3M Window Film in 1966 and today we are the only manufacturer that can produce our own polyesters, adhesives, metals and scratch-resistant coatings. This gives us the quality control and product consistency other manufacturers just can't match.

I am not going to make myself look stupid and say they are wrong. I will however challenge them and simply ask where is the film converted? Do they own their own facility and are they currently using it to laminate and coat polyester? I can't seem to locate the facility. Even if they are using other facilities, that does not mean that the film is not good, it just means they are sub contracting other people to make the film. Not necessarily a problem in my opinion.

GTS.

You actually made a decent comment and I think every manny should speak to their customers and strive to improve products.

Dev had both a positive and a negative to say which IMO was constructive criticism.

It's the people who countless times bag a company just for the sake of doing it.

Crying that its too expensive. Have these people actually seen a price list and compared or do they just base it on Crystalline?

Then saying its just crap. What's crap about it? Explain please if they can?

Being professional is moving on and not holding grudges. Not having to bag or discredit others.

The company you hate so much GTS employed me and many many others. 17 odd years ago they gave me a lot of the skills I have today.

Thank you (MING) Motor1 for the training in auto. You can have all the dealers, I don't need or ever want them!

Thank you MEP for the training on the huge flat glass projects I have worked on with you! They have great products too!

I have never won a job by saying anything negative about any company or their products!!!

You don't ever need to! Then again maybe you do in Sydney?

GTS.

You actually made a decent comment and I think every manny should speak to their customers and strive to improve products.

Dev had both a positive and a negative to say which IMO was constructive criticism.

It's the people who countless times bag a company just for the sake of doing it.

Crying that its too expensive. Have these people actually seen a price list and compared or do they just base it on Crystalline?

Then saying its just crap. What's crap about it? Explain please if they can?

Being professional is moving on and not holding grudges. Not having to bag or discredit others.

The company you hate so much GTS employed me and many many others. 17 odd years ago they gave me a lot of the skills I have today.

Thank you (MING) Motor1 for the training in auto. You can have all the dealers, I don't need or ever want them!

Thank you MEP for the training on the huge flat glass projects I have worked on with you! They have great products too!

I have never won a job by saying anything negative about any company or their products!!!

You don't ever need to! Then again maybe you do in Sydney?

Some good points indeed Gtint...

I really didn't mean to come across like I was bagging 3M... And as I said earlier, they make some good stuff.. But it usually doesn't suite my business... So choice is a great thing :yeah

We have all had different dealings with M1, and MEP, and yes, Solutia make some very good film indeed. However, what I know about the whole setup in Aus I will not repeat on TD, as I don't have a lawyer, but it stinks to high hell, and is very wrong indeed. That is for a different day.. or thread..

I will also never tint.a.car for a dealership by choice, and I do not undercut. In fact, via the Independent Tinting Network I manage to send out around $30,000 a day in enquiries to small independents each day Aus wide (Including my local competitors). And from what I can tell, very few customers request a 3M product. Almost none. They seem to want good advice and a fair price. And a local they can trust. And they can get that from people like us. It is not about getting a few bucks from a quick job, it is about connecting people looking for a professional tinter in their local area, and creating long term repeat business.. And that is happening..

I completely respect your integrity and professionalism Gtint. I take off my hat to that... You choose the right product for your business and your customers and that is always a great thing. 2013 should be a beauty!

Yes 2013 will be a great one.

It's already started.

People who use the net looking for tint always find 3m products.

Its always Crystalline and Prestige inquiries.

I hope this sun keeps kickin for a while to come!

Guest jamescox36

I am a 3m dealer in jacksonville and have the 3M Color Stable 05% on our van. It has been on there for over 7 years and still looks brand new and hasn't faded even a little bit. I also just replaced the back window on a customers car with Color Stable 20% under warranty. The film was 9 years old and the back window was starting to bubble. We replaced the back window and it was a perfect match to the side windows. I have had trouble with the fx-st series film and will not carry it anymore but have not had any problems out of the other films.

We sell a lot of crystalline film and it is harder to install but it is also higher profit. BTW I dry shrink it the same way I do every other film and have no problems.

3M is not like every other film dealer, they will not let too many dealers in each city and you can't be with in 5 square miles of another dealer.

I know because we also had to jump through hoops to get it and we almost didn't get it because we were right at 5 miles to the next 3M dealer.

Guest chipguard

CL is a PITA we put it on quite a few windshields (90%) and emergency vehicles. As we,, and drive thru's like McD's etc

In Canada, you can buy a 36" roll for X

Archived